20 year old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercopy

So i got bubbles when i was 7 ... im now 27... should i try to contact guiness for a world record???... but last week she escaped out of her jingle gym outside couldnt find her my nephew ended up finding her at the edge of the yard... he asked me how old she waswhich led me to quary human years to beardy years a couple websites said 7-1 so that makes her 140!!!! I dont like thinking about how old she is :( but i know she only has a couple years left... but just some random questions ive come on here to quary .... the past year she has an awefull time moving in general like her limbs are super stiff and she waddles like a penguin but
with four legs.... im thinking just bad joints or arthriteous... and giving her water is just scary she'll waddle over to the bowl and just dunk her head in .... almost like shes trying to drown herself :(.... so walking is painfull looking , drinking is a jazard

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Congratulations! She has lived a very long life. To make sure she gets enough to drink, but doesn't drown herself, you could drip water on her nose with a dropper or syringe. My 4 all drink that way.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, 20 years, that's a great age for a beardie, congrats. Yes, she probably has arthritis. There is a good painkiller, anti-inflammatory that you can buy, it's called Serrepeptase & is a natural enzyme from silkworms. I get it from Tracie at www.bug-de-lite.com. I give it to my Lonzo, who's 11 and has arthritis in his back. There are no side effects, you can give it to her by syringe daily, it might help ease her joints.

As for Guiness, you have to prove her age with a sales slip when you bought her & a birth certificate, something that shows her age when you got her. But you can contact them to ask how that would work. I think this is the oldest beardie I've heard of so far. You take great care of her, that's for sure!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

WOW! :shock: Congratulations.
That is fantastic, not many get past 10 anymore.
Would you happen to have any pictures of her by chance? I would love to see them.
You must be so proud for her to be able to still get around & everything at her age. Amazing.
I don't think I have heard of any 20 year old. I remember awhile back I had read a story online from Auckland Park, New Zealand about him seeing a bearded dragon & that he knew he was possibly around 20. This has been several years back.
I would try Guiness book of world record, that would be pretty cool!

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is amazing, you must have taken great care of her. I have never heard of one that old either.

I was gonna suggest the same thing that sweetiepie9 (Deb) suggested, the Serrapeptase, bet that would help her to be able to maneuver better and also with any pain she might be having.

If you could post some pictures of her, that would be awesome. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom