what do I do!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

Hello, I am headed out of town for the long weekend in a few weeks and leaving my bearded dragon at home. He is about 4" and unfortunately the drive is about 9 hours and can't bring him with me. He doesn't have any health concerns and is growing perfectly. I have a timer for his lights to turn on/turn off but my main concern is that since I won't be there and the people that are looking after him aren't going to be interested in feeding him live crickets. I do have Flukers Freeze dried ones that they can crumble up in his salad. I don't want to be a pain and tell them to feed him every single day that I'm away either... Ill be gone Thursday - Sunday night. ill feed him thursday than leave. Is it ok if I skip feeding friday? and they feed him Saturday? and when I return on sunday he will be fed. I really just don't want to come home to a dead lizard... :( Or. should I just get them to feed him every day. They are not lizard owners so I don't want to make it a hassle for them, but I also don't want to risk my lizards health. :?:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....although it won't be ideal, you can leave small beardie pellet food, a bowl of greens and if you get some Phoenix worms you can leave a bowl of those. I don't know if the freeze dried crickets are suitable for a baby, but I guess if you crumble them enough they won't be hard to digest.

If you make sure he's hydrated + well fed before you leave he will be O.K, just very hungry when you get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom