Help! Cage got too cold when I was away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcelliottiu

Hey everyone I was hoping someone could please help me.
I went away for the weekend and left my friend to care for my Izzy and when I got home this morning I noticed she was in the corner of her cage freezing. My window was left open and it was in the 60s in my room. She was so cold and barely would even wake up when I turned her light on. When I got her out of her cage I put her in a warm bath and wrapped her in a warm blanket until I had to leave for class. I placed her under her heat light and shut my window obviously and turned the heat on in my apartment. I didn't know it was supposed to get cold so quickly this weekend! I do not know what to do or if she will be okay?

Please help me!

Ryan

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I think she'll be o.k. She may not want to eat much until she warmes up. I relate a story that happened about 3 years ago with one of the first two beardies we had, before we found this site. Miss O would get very, very scared when she heard the school bus back-up beep. We found this out when she tried to run away and the bus was more than 50 feet away from where she was. Anyway, one time she disappeared after hearing that beep and we weren't thinking, busy with something else and we didn't find her that day, we have 4.8 acres to with various weeds to look in and we had no idea where she was. We never found her that night but the next day when we were getting ready to take the other one to the vet (she had gotten very, very skinny) we opened to front door to see Miss O by the front door watching it waiting for us to come get her, she was not stressed or anything. We were, of course, worried about her because the low temp was supposed to be 60 that night. She was, thankfully, fine after her overnight campout.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Oh, I'm so sorry!
Are you with her now? Beardies can withstand lower temps, but how long was she exposed to 60F? Have you tried to feed her? How is she acting now? I don't know how to handle it exactly, obviously you warmed her back up, which she needed. If she's still acting like she was when you found her, you should probably get her to a vet or give one a call, if that's an option, and see what they say (make sure it's a vet that is experienced with reptiles). If she perks up and is eating, I'd say she'll be fine. Her bowel movements will probably be a bit irregular, though.
Let us know,
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom