The Life Of Bellatrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Bellatrix
Origin: Petsmart, lol
Other Info: Had her for almost a month as of 8/28/14. Lives in a 40 gallon tank. She's kind of orangey, maybe she'll become tangerine, when she is in a good mood. Worst hunter I have ever seen. Haha.
Intro Thread: Click Here

Msshardy

Original Poster
August 28th, 2014

Bella's appetite has grown a bit. She still isn't eating the 20-40 crickets that the internet always recommends. Eats about 8-12 handfed meal worms. No idea how to get her to eat more, she's just uninterested in it. I dropped a few crickets in there to see if she would hunt when I wasn't looking. All the crickets were still in there when I checked.

I'm staying at my aunt's for a couple days, until Saturday. There was a slight problem with it because being without a car and my house being across town, I had no way to change Bella's light. So I got a thick cardboard box and put her hiding place log and a couple of sticks in there for her to bask on. Put her big bathing pool in there for her baths. The light is clipped on the box and it's pretty sturdy. I took her screen lid and put it over the top. I'm at school right now. I'm just nervous this couple days will mess with her appetite even more.

I have a concern, though. Sometimes when I'm holding her she'll start to get squirmy. She doesn't have the () stress marks and she seems pretty happy. But she has nipped me while trying to get away sometimes. What could be the problem?

Msshardy

Original Poster
I find it adorable that she actually stayed on. Even when my cousins were moving the horses around like they were running.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those are some great pictures of her! :D
She looks so happy!
Does she nip at you often or just every now & again?

Tracie

Msshardy

Original Poster
She's only done it twice. Once hard and the next time very soft but still a nip. She gets antsy and wants to run away and when I try to grab her she nips.

Msshardy

Original Poster
August 29th, 2014

Bella ate her first bit of greens I've seen yesterday. I was messing with her with a carrot top (The green leafy part) and she just started eating it. She only ate a little bit, a couple inches, but it made me happy because I've never seen her eat greens before and it made me very happy. Going to try to give her some more after school today.

I found it a bit odd that she seems happier in her cardboard box than her glass 40 gallon tank at home. Her stress marks are usually dark at home while in her tank, but now when I pick her up she's a bright sandy yellowy color with bright dark markings and the stress marks are gone. Why would she like the tiny blue cardboard box better?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She may feel less stressed out while in a smaller space with dark walls. Sometimes relocation stress is relieved by putting paper up over the walls of the glass tanks to help them feel more secure. She'll be fine in either place. Better to be in the tank long term. That's what's probably going on though.

Msshardy

Original Poster
Oh. Did not know that at all. Then I guess tomorrow when I get back home I'll the walls up on her tank. Thank you.

Msshardy

Original Poster
bellatrix now has her own page on facebook, 'Bellatrix the Dragon'. Please like and follow for more updates!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds great! :D I guess she will become popular now! I hope she is doing well.

Tracie

Msshardy

Original Poster
Just some problems with calcium intake. Other than that she's doing fine. She learned how to puff out her beard like a big girl! I was so happy. She kept practicing afterwards on her stick. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom