Mushu, the guardian dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I don't know if you remember me, but I was on here about a year ago with my baby girl Rogue. After Rogue died I stopped getting on, but I think it's about time I got another beardie. I miss the laughs and the cuddles. I even miss cleaning the viv. On the 3rd of May I'm buying a young female beardie from bloodbankdragons.com. I was going to name her Kairi (Kyrie), but then I watched Queen of the Damned last night. Now her name will be Akasha(I'll probably change my mind again!) I can't wait to get her. I'm paying for overnight shipping, as it makes me nervous for her to be in transit for so long.

in8q4h.jpg

She hatched on the 9th of April. She's is a 4 1/2 inch tiger, and has lots of really pretty colors! I just love her reds, and the random orange by her ear.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
She is beautiful! Mine looked her as a baby. Ember is a little over 2 months old now. I can't wait to see more pictures of your baby when she gets there.

-Sabrina

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Sabrina. Do you have a thread for Ember? I would love to see her. I'm really excited, I don't know if I can wait a week!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I have a few pictures of her. It's under introductions, Spyro and Ember. The pictures are not great but I will post some better quality ones today so you can see. Babies are so much fun! I am always making her blankets and buying her stuffed animals! Hopefully the week will go by fast!

-Sabrina

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Jessie she is gorgeous. I know you will take really great care of her like you did Rogue. She will be very happy with you and I am happy for you that you are getting her. Its so good to see you back and cant wait for you to start sharing your adventures with your new baby.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jesse, your little one is so beautiful, can't wait to see her when you get her and to follow her as she grows. I just love babies, they're so funny! I'm so glad you started a thread & May 3 is not far away, only a few more days. You must be so excited. If you need any help you know where to come, right?

Kaimaster

WOW how exciting :D so close to getting your new baby, I have a 3 month old baby named Kai what are the chances haha, she is very beautiful looking forward to lots of pics as she grows up :mrgreen: :blob8:

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Brezzy99":z929vy01 said:
I have a few pictures of her. It's under introductions, Spyro and Ember. The pictures are not great but I will post some better quality ones today so you can see. Babies are so much fun! I am always making her blankets and buying her stuffed animals! Hopefully the week will go by fast!

-Sabrina

I will take a look when I get home, for some reason the pictures wont show up on the schools computers :(

Tonja":z929vy01 said:
Jessie she is gorgeous. I know you will take really great care of her like you did Rogue. She will be very happy with you and I am happy for you that you are getting her. Its so good to see you back and cant wait for you to start sharing your adventures with your new baby.

Thank you! I can't wait either. I have her viv all planned out and everything. I have all the important stuff, but I want to change the theme. I'm thinking something a little less bright for her. I feel like the pink in Rogue's viv was too much.

sweetiepie9":z929vy01 said:
Hi Jesse, your little one is so beautiful, can't wait to see her when you get her and to follow her as she grows. I just love babies, they're so funny! I'm so glad you started a thread & May 3 is not far away, only a few more days. You must be so excited. If you need any help you know where to come, right?

She is isn't she! It feels like it's been so long already though, and I only saw her on friday. If I need any help I will come here and ask. If it wasn't for all of you, I would have been clueless about Rogue.

Kaimaster":z929vy01 said:
WOW how exciting :D so close to getting your new baby, I have a 3 month old baby named Kai what are the chances haha, she is very beautiful looking forward to lots of pics as she grows up :mrgreen: :blob8:

I know! I'm just scared that I forgot some of the things I learned. It has been a while. I'm glad I chose Akasha then! I wouldn't want something to similar to your little guys name.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Whatever you do with her viv I am sure it will be nice. Yeah I admit the pink was a little overwhelming but Rogue seemed happy with it. I want to change up Emmett and Emilys tanks but have yet to figure out what I want to do.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So, I've redone all my research, just to make sure that I remembered everything correctly. About halfway through I realized I should have just come to you guys in the beginning, haha. The breeder told me the hot side Temps for babies shouldn't be over 95, but I thought that it was supposed to be hotter than that. I have a reptisun 10 tube, a CHI for night time, a basking bulb, tile flooring, a basking branch, a fluffy couch, stacking rocks, and NO water bowl. I have calcium powder and vitamin (d3) powder. I plan on giving her calcium once a day and the d3 5 times a week. I wad told I could give the feeders the supplements and Akasha woul get them just as well. Is this true? Oh, yeah, I should feed her 2-3 times a day and let her eat as much as she can in 15 mins, right? I started my dubia colony a couple days ago, and if you have any advice then please feel free to let me inow. Oh yeah and a bath every other day.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Take the calcium & D3 back and just get the calcium with D3, as she will need it. Also vit/min powder 2x/week. Sounds like you have everything but a thermometer and 105F is the normal basking temp for a baby. Baths daily for awhile. Greens daily. And no, your beardie needs the supplements, not the feeders! I hope your baby is in good health because if that breeder is doing only 95F for the basking spot for babies, they're not digesting properly.

Why don't you read the care sheet on here, I updated it with Alex awhile back. It has just about everything in one place. Then, if you have questions, you can bring them up here.

Sounds like you are really well prepared for your beardie, can't wait until you have her so you can take pics of her in her new set up. Fiddle with the temps before she comes to you, so you can get them right. Don't forget to have the UVB inside the tank, at the most 8" from the basking spot, so she gets it regularly. I'm so looking forward to seeing her in her tank with everything set up. The furniture sounds adorable!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay, I''l take it back today. Do most petshops carry the vit/min powder? I want to get a temp gun, but I can't seem to find one in town. I'll just get a thermometer when I go to get the vit/min powder. I'm glad I didn't lower my temps any as I would have to just raise them again, lol. The breeder sent me a video and a bunch of pictures, she seems to be doing really well. She's a little pig. The UVB will be mounted in an under the counter fixture. I'm going to walmart today to get it.

I think I may go with an actaul theme. Something like the jungle or red sand desert. I'm still going to do the couch, but maybe something green or a natural orange depending on what I choose. Either way, I better start the background!

Oh and thank you for your help!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Flukers vit/min was what my crew approved, but any type is fine and they will have it at the pet shop.

If you can't find a temp gun, get the Accurite diginal temp with probe, it's very good and it's sold in garden centres, so check at Walmart. It's important that you have an accurate way for the temps as those round dial things are only for air temps, they can be of by 20 degrees, not accurate for basking spot at all.

As for the temp gun you should ask at Walmart, see if they carry one.

So looking forward to seeing your new baby home in her tank!

Cenetri

Such a pretty little girl! And I love the name Akasha, very unique. :D

Don't be too nervous about shipping - I've had generally good experiences, and ordered both of my Rankin's dragons that way, so they were even smaller than most baby beardies would typically be shipped at. They made it too me fine, and considering you're purchasing from a more well-known breeder, they will know how to package your baby properly.

Do you know what company they are shipping her with? FedEx or ShipYourReptiles?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I found your thread, Jessie!
She 's pretty and love the
name. Akasha will be the new
light in your life. Hope she got
there safe and healthy. Also my
favorite movie Queen of the Damned.
You did everything right for Rogue and
you will do the same for Akasha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom