I need help convincing my mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruzzy

My mom isn't really a big fan of lizards, she thinks they are ugly and creepy :/ I've wanted a beardie for a few months now, and lately I've really been working on convincing her :) I've asked for a tank for christmas (40 gallons) so I can buy the beardie and supplies myself :3
She keeps saying no, and there isn't enough space... but I found a perfect spot where she doesn't go very often, out of too much direct sunlight (but enough), it has enough space, and it's close to a wall outlet for the lights. Whenever I try to tell her that I found a spot, she just says that there isn't space in my room. I know that there isn't space in my room, but it's not in my room, it's downstairs.
I've written an essay, made a powerpoint and all that, but I don't bug her. How did all of you get your parents to let you have one?

Teage29

I had the same problem. But I have a beardie now. I found the one i wanted and showed prices. That was big once i showed her the prices. Also go to the pet store with her once and let her see the bearded dragons. If there are any other reasons why you cant try to prove her wrong about all of them but not meanly. Do it in a positive way and very very very persuasive. And i just bugged my mom saying it was the perfect deal and you cant find it anywhere else, i adopted my dragon because my mom no babies yet learn more with an adult first. Hope this helps and if you need anymore ideas i can help but all those helped me get a mom who thought reptiles were mean,slimy, and gross to petting/feeding my beardie when I'm not around. :lol:

Max18

Hatchling Member
When i convinced my mom i had to bring her to a reptile shop near us and i made her hold an adult for like 5 min. After that i got my first beardie, a normal, a week or so later. Now he is almost 2 years old. She loved him so much that I just got a baby silkie as an early Christmas present. Now she loves them so much that she agreed that I could get a leather back once my silkie is at a size where he doesn't need constant attention.

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
animalhouse32":14bk7g4g said:
I Don't live with my mom. Lol Sooo, I Just had to convince the husband!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LIKE-WISE but with the wife…LOL
Now she calls him our smallest dog (we have 2 dogs) :blob5: :blob8:

breeyawnah

It took me awhile to convince my mom too. I had to prove to her I was responsible :evil: by feeding the cats everyday until school ended. I had to save up money to buy all my beardies supplies and I needed money left over to make sure I could pay for his crickets and juvenile pellets. I think its mostly her trying to tell you she doesn't want to take care of a pet.
Then again my mom had a chameleon and anoles when she was little so she likes lizards... Have you ever had a lizard before, perhaps you should start with something smaller like a Leopard Gecko.

i think their faces are so cute..

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
Learn for months and tell her the advantages of having one and why you want one and show her some cute baby ones and go to a pet shop like pet smart and show her how cute they are and make her close her eyes and put one in her hands so she can touch it and realize how good they are my parents had to talk about it and then I got one as an early Christmas present. I hope you get one

pruzzy

Original Poster
breeyawnah":1m74qi82 said:
It took me awhile to convince my mom too. I had to prove to her I was responsible :evil: by feeding the cats everyday until school ended. I had to save up money to buy all my beardies supplies and I needed money left over to make sure I could pay for his crickets and juvenile pellets. I think its mostly her trying to tell you she doesn't want to take care of a pet.
Then again my mom had a chameleon and anoles when she was little so she likes lizards... Have you ever had a lizard before, perhaps you should start with something smaller like a Leopard Gecko.

i think their faces are so cute..
My siblings have had a lizard before, but they didn't take care of it and they had to give it away, so now my mom thinks that I won't take care of it even though I will because I take excellent care of my current pets...

And thank you for the suggestions everyone! I was thinking about making her hold one at the pet store... I'm not sure if your allowed to hold the animals at the petsmart where I live though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom