zilla desert 50 slimline uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
From everything I've read they had problems in the past not sure if they have fixed them or not...personally I wouldn't use it. But you can check to see what has been said about it by googling "Zilla desert 50 slimline UVB" in the top right corner of the page. :wink:

Narwhal72

The new Desert 50 lamps are a very good bulb and have a similar output to the Zoomed lamps. I would recommend removing the lens to get the most UVB transmission as the lens does block it considerably but the lens is required by UL safety regulations. There was a problem with Zilla lamps in 2007 but that was fixed in 2008.

Narwhal72

I think you may be thinking of the older ESU 7% lamp that was in the original slimline fixtures. The new fixtures use the Zilla Desert 50 lamp which gives off plenty of UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom