Your recomendations? Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

narms72

Going to get my lighting setup before I get my beardie and would like to know about the Exo Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 Compact Fluorescent 26-Watt and the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0(Not the long tube the one that screws in. How much uvb do they give off, witch is better, ect.
Thank in advance!

jessicaLuck

Hatchling Member
Repti sun 10.0 is the way to go. I'm sure anyone will back that. I used a sills hood lamp for a few weeks and then got a repti sun and my girls is so much more active it's amazing. And much much brighter

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Is there a particular reason you don't want a reptisun 10 tube? It's the best bulb on the market and at ~$25 its not expensive.

TeamNHL

narms72":22l2fupg said:
Know how I can get one of the arcaidias in the U.S. Of A?

We just got one for our new little guy. We got an Arcadia D3 T-5 22" 12% bulb (actually the fixture too) from Light Your Reptiles http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/arcadia.html.

It seems to be working great! Our little guy is really active, and that bulb seems to be one of the highest rated or right at the top world wide. Shipping was super fast, and it came from the States. It did cost a little more than the Retisun 10.0 and it uses the less common T5 fixture. But other than that we are happy, and so is Spike.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
TeamNHL":16h0hrmx said:
it uses the less common T5 fixture

I just bought a T5 fixture at Home Depot. It was a direct wire fixture, so I had to wire it to a lamp cord, but otherwise it was cheep and it works well for the daylight bulb I just added to my terrarium (not for UVB, just for light). I'm not sure if the Arcadia's require a High Output ballast, so that's something you might have to look into. I've also noticed that a lot of the aquarium hoods they sell at Petsmart and Petco are now using T5's.

EDIT: Hmm, I just looked at that lightyourreptiles site and it looks like the T5 Arcadies come in non-standard lengths so a Home Depot fixture might not work after all.

narms72

Original Poster
BotanicalStig":26l16z4b said:
Is there a particular reason you don't want a reptisun 10 tube? It's the best bulb on the market and at ~$25 its not expensive.
Just don't want to get a new fixture.

narms72

Original Poster
I would like to get a MVB does anyone know were to get the Arcaidia MVBs in the U.S.
Thanks everyone by the way.

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
I don't think the arcadia MVB's are available in the US yet. If so lightyourreptiles.com is where they would be.
LYR's now has TWO kinds of arcadia
1st is the odd sized ones (22", 34", 46") are HIGH OUTPUT needing a high output lightfixture (just get the bulb and fixture from them, I haven't been able to find the T5 HO (I'm guessing European?) sizes anywhere.
2nd is the 'regular' sizes (24", 36", 48") that are T8 bulbs and take REGULAR (nominal output) fixtures.

While they aren't listed on the website yet Todd also has reflectors available that are REALLY easy to instal (just clip onto the bulb and you're set) and work great with any fixtures (shop light types) that don't come with a reflector. I can tell a noticeable difference in how bright my tank looks after installing it.

As far as the MVB's go from what I read recently they don't seem to be putting out as much UV as previously thought.
http://www.herpcenter.com/habitat-lighting/42625-zoo-med-powersun-mvb.html
Here is the link that was provided for me when I had questions about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom