Yellow, griddy like urates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
My big girl just woke up 2-3 weeks ago, she has has some yellow gridy like urates. She has been active, eating like a pig. I thought I would ask here first. I lost my job and really can't afford a vet, but will if I have to. I will post a pic later today. Tracie, any thing you have seen before and if so what is it and what should I do ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just a suggestion until Tracie answers. [ Have you p.m.'d her ? ] It may be dehydration since depending on how the temps. were and whether or not she took in food + water during brumation [ or how much ] Just keep offering water via syringe/spray bottle on the tip of her nose, and daily baths for a while.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have been giving her baths every other day, she does have watery poop, urates are getting better but still kind of yellow and griddy. I was told it could be to much calcium, but I cut it out for the last week just in case. How do I PM Tracie? Her temps and UVB are right on with what they should be.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Tracie's user name is Drache613. I agree that you should cut down on the calcium, and if you say the urates are starting to look beetter it will probably continue to improve if she stays hydrated and you decrease the calcium a bit.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I had to use the spoon to get the camera to focus on it

444444444025_zpscd76b848.jpg

444444444026_zps33f952a7.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I don't think I got your PM, but that is ok. :D
Which calcium are you using right now & how often?
How long was she in brumation?
This can sometimes happen with the body being somewhat shut down for awhile, it stores in the system.
I would increase oral fluids for a little while & cut the calcium back for a short period also. Focus on greens & fluids for a week to allow her system to get back up after brumating.
Does she seem to strain when she goes to the bathroom, or no?

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She did a big poop a few days out of brumation. I had thought she was cleaned out before she went down, quit eating 2 weeks before sleeping and did a big poop. She was straining to go for a few days after waking up, then it cleared up to where she wasn't straining, but did poop and the griddy yellow urate. I cut out the calcium last week, and her urates are getting better, more white now then yellow, no straining now, eating good and getting baths every other day. Last week I just let her have greens, adding the roaches in this week ( 3 days a week) , but no calcium yet. She has been over active so that is not a problem. I use Fluker's calcium with vit d, but haven't used it in a week because of the urates. She went down the first part of Oct, and woke up Jan 29. About 3 1/2 months.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news, it sounds like her system is starting to increase after being in brumation.
I would give it another week to let her body clean out more before introducing the calcium again. Is she starting to show interest in food then? Great job with just keeping her on greens & fluids the first week, that was the best decision.
She was most likely just dehydrated if she initially strained a little, but if it has let up now she is improving drastically.
Are her eyes bright & not sunken in?

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you Tracie, her eyes are always bright and alert, not sunken in at all. She will drink when in the bath too, which helps. She has been eating good too. The first week just greens, and this week her roaches 3 times a week. Everything seems to be working itself out. It just worried me when her urates were the griddy yellow, I have never seen that before. Thank you for your help.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Booger and her urates are back to normal now. She has been running around like a wild beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom