wont eat greens much.............help

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
o-goncho used to nose at the glass for his greens, eat them out of my hand, and eat once i put them in his cage.now at 7+1/2 months and months before, he wont eat them till mid nite or not eat them at all. im doing every thing right, he will beg for crickets and occasionally a few meal worms, i dust calcium for crx a couple times a week, and i use dragon dust and BD food pellets for veggies. how often are u supposed to change uvb????\

ty

zarrianna

well the one question that i can answer is tht all uvb lights need to be changed evry 6 months no matter wat the box says.hope this helps a little. :)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You said your using bd pellets for his veggies, have you ever tried giving him fresh veggies? They do like a little variety.
Maybe try some fresh collard or mustard greens and see if he takes to those.
Good luck,

Dawn

andras

Hatchling Member
i'm going to agree that you should try something new. try feeding this new veggie by hand, as he's grown to trust you over time. try some shredded and chopped baby carrots maybe, the color gets my beardies attention immediately. changing the light would be a good idea too.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i do give him a variety of stuff, i definelty try something new. i think ive tried most choises, but he just doesn't react to ANYTHING anymore. is he (maybe she) bored and picky????i just don't know(sigh) :dontknow: :dontknow: :help: :help:

TY :mrgreen:

thewalrus

If you figure out what to do, please let me know. I cant get my beardie to eat veggies at all, no mustard, or collard greens, no carrots, no apple. He wont eat anything veggie. So please, i hope you figure this out.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
thewalrus":06260 said:
If you figure out what to do, please let me know. I cant get my beardie to eat veggies at all, no mustard, or collard greens, no carrots, no apple. He wont eat anything veggie. So please, i hope you figure this out.

Your bd is still fairly young,at that age most of them could care less about veggies. If you use worms at all for a feeder you could try putting some on top of his salad(I refer to them as "croutons") :wink: .Try hand feeding some veggies,if you haven't already. The baby bd's take a while before they really start liking greens. You just have to keep offering them fresh greens/veggies every day.

Good Luck,

Dawn

LJean

Extreme Poster
I have an adult dragon that don't like to eat veggies. So for Calypso I started putting her worms on the salad. It got her to eat some that way. When she started slowing down on eating the salad I changed the greens and veggies so she got a bigger variety. I think sometimes they get bored with what they are eating and need a change.

As for the UVB lights, if it's a tube light then it needs changing every 6months, but MVB's get changed yearly.

zarrianna

thewalrus":03d2f said:

My bearded dragon is just the opposite at 4-5 months.He eats full bowls of veggies!

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ill try the worms again,once i can find a breed. waxys are to fatty, mealys cause impaction(i experienced that) and supers have a hard shell too, be they are still reccomended. i do put crx in the salad, but they either walk off or get eaten.ill use the leftover mws for now

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yesterday i gave him 1/2 the crx i usually gave him, because maybe the crx r filling him. this morning the greens were almost all gone, i just remembered this started when i started giving him 12 cx insted of 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom