Where does your beardie spend most of it's time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently switched my substrate from sand to shelf liner. When he was on sand he used to bask almost all the time. Now that he is on the shelf liner he spends most of his time on the ground. After he eats he'll bask for an hour or so but then he'll go back onto the ground. is this normal and does anyone else's beardie do this? Also, where does your beardie like to hang out?

Gail

BD.org Addict
My dragon spends most of his time basking but he does lay on the ground often. Double check the temps to make sure it not too hot, is he digesting ok?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Dudley is usually on his basking platform, sleeping under his basking platform, or in his hommock. He never lays on the ground in the open though.

I would double check the temps too. If they don't want to bask very long, that usually means it's too hot.

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Angie also prefers her temps a bit cooler than Flippie does. We have resorted to take out her hide during the day, or she bluntly refuses to come out - she is literally worse than a teenager and will stay under her blankie and sleep the whole day. Flippie likes hanging out on his branch, on top of the hide, or anywhere else he can see us from.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Bane spends 99% of the time on her branch. Astarte has about 6 different places she likes to sit throughout the day. On the hot end, she sits on her basking rock, floor beside her rock, under her hammock. On the cool end she has 2 different geodes that she sits on. And in the middle she has her duck.

cmclay

Maynard seems to spend most of his time basking or chasing his reflection in the glass.

My plated lizard, Havoc, likes to bask on his log almost all day. When he isn't doing that he spends his time sleeping in his cave, he only moves when he is fed crickets.

Cocky

Hatchling Member
They move from their logs, mainly on their warm sides of the vivs.

Basking for a bit under the lamp on one log and then moving to a nearby log.

femalebeardie11

ziggy23":1vv7394v said:
Bane spends 99% of the time on her branch. Astarte has about 6 different places she likes to sit throughout the day. On the hot end, she sits on her basking rock, floor beside her rock, under her hammock. On the cool end she has 2 different geodes that she sits on. And in the middle she has her duck.
my female beardie spends most of her time basking because the temps are 100/110.where does your beardie spend most of his or her time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom