Where do you take your dragons when their with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
So I have seen a lot of posts where people bring their beardies with them places I was wondering where do you bring them? I read someone brought there beardie to school one day I wanna do that

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
I'll list where I bring The Fafinator: lol

To the park on warm days.
To a bar for my birthday. (i forgot to post that)
To a painting class in college
My mom's house (to the joy of my sister but not my mom)
a Cafe near my apartment

Failed attempts:
Mcdonalds (no pets allowed and he had to keep squirming.)

I think that's about all the places. I want to bring him to petco one day.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lol thats awesome take him to mcdonalds he can eat french fries

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
McDonalds :lol: I love it.

Target and Walmarts are also a no go. My parrot and my ferret aren't allowed, so I"m pretty sure a huge lizard isn't. They both have grocery sections, I'm pretty sure thats why because before Walmart got that, my ferret was allowed in there. I had a Barnes and Nobles tell me to leave with my ferret. I was sorta shocked. Books A Million loves my pets and when they have events, they often have animals visit anyway. So I dont know if that one Barnes and Nobles was being onery or not. But I'd love to bring my lizard to a big book stores.

Heli has been to PetSmart and Best Buy with no issue. I haven't had him to Lowes or Home depot but they are AWESOME about allowing any of my other pets in and I"ve seen people with tiny dogs in their shopping carts before. Anyway, Heli's been somewhere else and I can't remember. Must have been a park or something. I can't wait for it to be warm again to take him to parks now that he doens't just sit there where ever I place him.

I brought my dragon with me to petco once and country max to see if i could get him sexed. it takes about 45 minutes to get there from my home, and Rico sat on my dashboard the entire time and looked out the window (this was in the summer). It was so cute :)
I would like to try and take him to more places like i do with my pup, but sometimes its hard. I make sure i take him out of his tank every day, and on warm nice days i let him roam around outside on my porch and in the yard.
photo-18_zps3ded7e69-1_zps06e284c5.jpg

Melody12

Hatchling Member
I take Melody every where on warm days, once a month or so. She's not been outside since it's cold here. But I've taken her to Walmart, Krogers, Petland, (Any petstore.) and the courthouse to vote once. It was hilarious. People loved to see her. They never saw a bearded dragon up close. After that, I didn't take her out because she got an RI abruptly. I raised her temps and she's doing well. I've taken her to the mall to eat a Mexican Restruant, even went into a Steak N' Shake (Our waitress wanted to see her. Let's just say she's the 'star' of our trips, even went to an art show for the weekend with us, she hibernated on me the entire time because it got cold and rainy (And everyone wondered why my jacket was moving around) and sometimes peeked out to look at everyone's artwork, Wendy's, McDonalds, (No one seems to care as long as she's in her carrying case and isn't out.) Discovered that she loved art, so I took her to an art gallery. (She stared at every piece of art there was and turned away when she was done or wanted to go to another painting.) Pretty much, I've taken her to many places, even to yardsales and everyone loves to see her.

The places I don't take her because they don't like animals or reptiles for that matter are the library and a gas station. I'm sure if Kroger and Walmart's managers found out, they'd tell me to leave, but then again, they don't care. (I only took her into Kroger to show one of my friends who has a baby beardie and she said she was a monster because she was so big. I said, "Yep. She is a huge beardie because of what I feed her.)

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
How are you guys toting around your dragons?
I've been considering one of those toy dog back packs, as long as the dimensions are big enough.

CamoLover

Hatchling Member
My girl goes everywhere with me when she can.
All the pet stores in my area
Big lots
Wallgreens
CVS
And publix once.

She hides in my jacket and doesn't move so in the places I know won't want her there they dont even know it lol. My breeder caries his in a cat/toy dog carrier. I just have a plastic tub for in the car lol

Cloudk

I've taken my beardie to petstores and once he hid in my coat in a fred meyers. But my fav animal travel was i brought my 3ft ball python in to do my taxes. i just wanted to see what they'd say. The whole time my snake just sat there, hanging around my neck, she was staring at him. Finally, after all was done, she goes: "Is that real?" i said yes and she got upset. Her boss thought it was cool though.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
wolfysluv":3eri11ud said:
I had a Barnes and Nobles tell me to leave with my ferret. I was sorta shocked. Books A Million loves my pets and when they have events, they often have animals visit anyway. So I dont know if that one Barnes and Nobles was being onery or not. But I'd love to bring my lizard to a big book stores.
i worked at barnes & noble, we were very strict about the pets in NJ. unless you had a medical condition pets were not allowed in the store, mainly because of the cafe and the children's area. if anything happened to a child because of someone's pet, the store would be held liable for allowing them in. it was a 'cover your ass' approach. but if you wanted to bring in your pet for an educational event and try to sell some books about that pet, they may allow it.

I have brought my beardies to:
Petsmart - they are always welcome there. Mr Dargon loves looking at the fish, and sometimes he gets treats from the employees.
Library - celebrities there! the kids loved them, the employees loved them.
Post office - Gotta mail those harnesses! it took some time, but the employees warmed up to them.
went to the dollar store once, i don't think they knew what to do there, lol.

i won't bring them to grocery stores. I know Tasty Treat would try to eat everything she saw...

Melody12

Hatchling Member
bunnyrut":35x0orge said:
wolfysluv":35x0orge said:
I had a Barnes and Nobles tell me to leave with my ferret. I was sorta shocked. Books A Million loves my pets and when they have events, they often have animals visit anyway. So I dont know if that one Barnes and Nobles was being onery or not. But I'd love to bring my lizard to a big book stores.
i worked at barnes & noble, we were very strict about the pets in NJ. unless you had a medical condition pets were not allowed in the store, mainly because of the cafe and the children's area. if anything happened to a child because of someone's pet, the store would be held liable for allowing them in. it was a 'cover your *****' approach. but if you wanted to bring in your pet for an educational event and try to sell some books about that pet, they may allow it.

Petsmart - they are always welcome there. Mr Dargon loves looking at the fish, and sometimes he gets treats from the employees.
Post office - Gotta mail those harnesses! it took some time, but the employees warmed up to them.

i won't bring them to grocery stores. I know Tasty Treat would try to eat everything she saw...

LOL! Melody loves to 'taste the air' whenever she goes into the grocery store.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Melody12":2cllbaoj said:
bunnyrut":2cllbaoj said:
wolfysluv":2cllbaoj said:
i worked at barnes & noble, we were very strict about the pets in NJ. unless you had a medical condition pets were not allowed in the store, mainly because of the cafe and the children's area. if anything happened to a child because of someone's pet, the store would be held liable for allowing them in. it was a 'cover your *****' approach. but if you wanted to bring in your pet for an educational event and try to sell some books about that pet, they may allow it.

LOL! Melody loves to 'taste the air' whenever she goes into the grocery store.

lol thats awesome

On nice, warm days, Chase will come along for errands. If I'm only going into town to the pet store, he comes along. Chase is also allowed a the library if he has a harness on.

One day, Chase and i went with my grandmother to the bank, optometrist (just to pick up a prescription), and the glasses shop. The bank tellers kept asking if he was a horny toad and "spit blood". The receptionist at the optometrist stared and asked to pet him. The shop owner asked what his name was, said he looked like a "friendly fellow", and gave Chase a nice head scratch.

The only food place Chase has been is Sonic, and it's a drive-in. I would be too worried about bringing him in a grocery store or restaurant. With my luck, an unrelated salmonella outbreak would happen and they would try and blame me or something.

When it gets warmer, we might try some more places. I know a lot of local/family own businesses tend to not care (unless they sell food) and some have pets in the store (the glasses shop owner use to have a fluffy black kitty in store before she passed).

I have also been invited to a church group, and the invite was extended to Chase as well. We passed on it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom