When did you know you wanted a beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
So my mom in the beginning tod me I couldn't have a beardie but after a few months I sort of got her to agree for me to have one. Well now she is back into not letting me have one. Well know I am geting her to let me have one again but she asked me why I wanted one so bad. I told her why. Backin 2006 I went to Repticon and saw my first beardies it was like love at first sight. I instantly loved them and wanted one. Ever since I have always done research watch videos and talk about beardies. When did you guys know you wanted a beardie?

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
im in love with most reptiles even snakes but my favorite is beardies. I moved here to the city about 13 yrs ago and started watching alot of reptile shows and i knew that i wanted to have bearded dragons. i love there personalities. i have 11 babies and i watch them most of the day, they are so funny. :laughing6:

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
yeah from what everyone tells me they are amazing animals I hope my mom will let me have one when I move in May

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
My mom was the same way! But one day I came across a baby at a pet store for $40. I told my mom that $40 was a really good price and the baby was really nice looking. After talking about it for hours, my mom finally decided to go see it. She said we were not getting one but she'll go see it. (Caught her on a good day) So we got to the store, and I got the baby out and let her sit on my hand. I rubbed the baby on her head which caused her to close her eyes and my mom said "Aww I guess she's not that bad..." Followed by "well could you get her lights tonight?"
Now I have a lovely 9 week old girl (I think) named Emma in MY LIVING ROOM! LOL
Catch your mom on a good day and it will happen. My mom did that to me on and off for years.
Get one out and show your mom that they are not bad at all.
Also, if the baby tilts it's head your mom will have no choice but to submit to the adorable head tilt powers of a Beardie! :lol:
I love all reptiles but snakes are forbidden by my mom. Beardies are most commonly seen it seems in pet stores and after going to a pet store and having 3 Beardies cling to me, I decided that's what I wanted as well. :)
They are the best! SO MUCH personality! :blob5:

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I've always liked all animals, exotic and not. Due to asthma, I've always had reptiles. Anyway, when I was 22 and first married, my husband and I saw our first Beardie. Well he fell in LOOOOOOOOOVE. He loved that they were social and liked to be held. It blew his mind cause they are all spiked. And most of all, he liked how they look at everything and are always thinking. Back then (in the 80's), we really had no info. The info out there was wrong. We were told they needed at least 4ftt cage cause they like to "run" all day and such. It seemed complicated. So, we even though we never forgot them and always wanted one, we dumped the idea. Then like 5 years ago, I was in a shelter. And they had one. And he was awesome. And the shelter lady told us what was involved in owning one. Well we were blown away by how easy it was and how wrong everything was before (and thank God, I mean the info they told us would have killed one eventually). So from that point on, I waited until there was "room" in our house for another pet. As soon as their was, I went on the hunt for one.

Momomo

Hatchling Member
I started to like reptiles a few years back and after I went to a Reptile zoo, I was even more fascinated with them, so I began to want to have one as a pet. I mentioned it quite a few times to everyone around me and just before my birthday my bf asked me what I want for my birthday. I said I don't know. And he is like "you are not getting a lizard". I'm like OK, cause I really didn't expect him to get one for me. But the evening before my birthday he brings home this huge setup and a tiny beardie!! He was told at the pet store that beardies would be good for a beginner reptile owner. So this is how I got my beardie Momo, I love him with all my heart, never thought you could get this attached to a reptile. :D I know that my BF loves him too even though sometimes he pretends he doesnt!

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thank you all so much with your responses everyone I tell about beardies think I am crazy because of my obessesion with wanting one. Mostly my mom I think just didn't realize how big 2 ft was until it hit her. I do remember she told me she went to petsmart a few weeks ago and the guy there told them how much trouble it is to have a beardie. He recommended that if I was to get a reptile I should get an anole, salamander, or a gecko. I wasn't there but she called me on the phone after she told me that I told her how wrong everything was the guy said. But now my mom has it in her head beardies are hard and those three are the ones I can choose from.

dougkara

My son who is 11 actually started us. He's wanted a reptile since he was old enough to say it. I do not like creepy crawly and was very resistant, but when we finally gave in I'm as attached to sunny as he is. Now we have two and talking about a third after these are adults. I never thought I would love a reptile but I'm the one who he snuggles with at night to go to sleep. Every single night! It's a great experience. If you could expose her to one just once she'd be hooked.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
i know she would be but i show her pics and she is like ow can it be adorable and im just like they look so cuuuuuuuuuuute 8). I want to take her to the pet store and show her one

Momomo

Hatchling Member
you should show your mom pictures of sleeping beardies!! They are so so so cute when they sleep. I love watching my beardie fall asleep on my chest, with his front paws in front of him, my heart just melts awayyyyy.

dougkara

Yeah that would be good. We had been talking to people since my son was 7 about all different kinds of reptiles and petsmart told us the same thing about beardies and we quit looking for three years. They aren't the smartest "experts" in the world. We got more accurate information about them from people who actually had them. I was definitely a girls girl who didn't do anything crawly. But these aren't crawly like that. Our beardie comes up my chest and jumps onto my shoulder to nuzzle me every night before I put him in his snuggle and put him to sleep. It's crazy cause I never thought I would snuggle with a reptile. Lol. I think if i can be turned almost any one can. Since petsmart ,ade things harder you may want to present to her info on all of them that's accurate and then tell her why the beardie is the best choice for you. Hope things work out for you, ours have been a pure joy and even educational for all even the girls in the house,

Ranchero

Hatchling Member
My son wanted a reptile and I said no! After looking into it more I decided the Bearded Dragon would be the best fit for our fam so after getting it for HIM I am the one that takes care of him daily. I love this guy! Tell your mom she wont be dissapointed!

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I know they are so cute when sleeping I really am just gonna get my mom involved whether she likes it or not

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So all my friends and fam think I am crazy for loving beardies. Is it bad to be so obssessed with them?

Melody12

Hatchling Member
When I saw Melody on FB, she looked small and needed a good mommy. Yes, Mommy. The owner didn't want to give her to me for less than 75. I convinced her to give her to me for less. Well, when I got Melody, she practically ran to me and sat on me. She stared at me for the longest time. Then she blossomed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom