When can I take my beardie out?

TotoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toto
Hello! I just got my beardie, Toto, yesterday. I was wondering how long I should wait before I start holding him. He already knows me, since I’m his neighbour and I baby sat him for a couple weeks. So how long should I wait before holding him?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hey, most will take between a couple of days to one or two weeks until they settle in.

If you go near him with your hand and he doesn't shy away and he lets you pet him, you can try to slowly pick him up under his front and back legs. If he trys to run or avoid this, it is too early ;)

TotoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toto
Hey, most will take between a couple of days to one or two weeks until they settle in.

If you go near him with your hand and he doesn't shy away and he lets you pet him, you can try to slowly pick him up under his front and back legs. If he trys to run or avoid this, it is too early ;)
Ok! Thanks! He has always let me pet him, he never shies away! :D thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There really isn't any set time period of how long to let them become adjusted to new surroundings,
etc. I usually recommend just going by their reactions & behaviors as to how soon you start letting
them out to run around & socialize. He will be fine!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yricia
Top Bottom