whats up with his shed and he's hiding more than usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo7809

Ok, his entire body shed except the top and sides of his head with no signs of skin peeling about to occur. His head is actually light grey and his body is tan? Is this normal? Also, he seems to be a little lethargic, not chasing his crickets like he used to and hiding in his log which he rarely did before. his basking light is an MVB exo terra Solar Glo 125w with no screen above the light and he bask anywhere from 12 to 16 inches away from it (minimum is 12in with no cover according to the instructions). His eyes look fine and he stares at the light with no apparent problems. When he has enough he moves to his cool side. Are there any reported problems with this light. Oh yea, he's in a 75gal terrarium and he's 7months old. How active are they supposed to be normally? Do you think he's ok or am i just being paranoid? thanks for your help!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
As far as I know there have been no issues with the Solar Glo mvb. I use one as well.
Your beardie may be a little lethargic and not wanting to eat due to the shed. Have you been bathing him to help the shed? It is normal for the younger beardies to shed in stages. Unless it has not shed in a long time... I would not worry too much about it. You could try a very soft toothbrush on his head during his bath to help loosen it up a bit.
What are your temps in the enclosure and what type thermometer are you using?

geo7809

Original Poster
Yep, gave him a bath last night and I will try that toothbrush trick. His temps are all good basking 105 and cool 82, I have a temp gun and digital thermometer. Strange thing he did last night was rolling his right eye around for a few seconds. What's with that, is that normal? I let him roam around the house last nigh, he 's quite the little explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom