What to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Have question raptor been eating squash baby food like a champ. I try cricket superworm and turnip and collard green. Won't eat them not one just baby food. Any health risk to just feeding baby food someone say dragon don't last long on baby food. He seem to be bed head lately cause I wake him and act like you do when you first get up. His health show weight loss and very slow moving.

RainMaiden

Baby food is not nutritionally complete for beardies. A beardie will not be healthy on a diet of exclusively baby food.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RainMaiden":1ekdbgjh said:
Baby food is not nutritionally complete for beardies. A beardie will not be healthy on a diet of exclusively baby food.
Not good and not want hear that. Best I can do and make me feel better him eating at least something. Guess he made his choice. I add crinical care and calcium if that help him much same I put on feeder and greens. He seeking not as big as he was. Thanks maybe he come around some day.

RainMaiden

He sounds lethargic and possibly ill to be honest. Adding the critical care and calcium is definitely better than giving just plain baby food.

If you could answer the following questions, maybe we could help figure out his problem better.

• What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
  • What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
  • Do you use UVB lights?
  • If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
  • How old is your UVB bulb?
  • How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
  • What are the basking temps?
  • What is the cool side temp?
  • Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
  • Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
  • Do you bath your dragon? How often?
  • Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
18" 18" 36" long
Always used repticarpet or paper towel
Yes reptisun 10 about month old recently replaced it with new one
7-8 inch away from bulb
Basking temp 101-102 103 highest cool end 78-80
Temp gun at highest peak or dragon himself when basking for long period time
Lately poop small amounts not been eating much. Fecal done and clear of worms and parasite
Recently every other day for 20 minute bath
No misting and no water bowl just with a acidophiliz bottle dropper I fill with water 3 dropper fills

He black beards rarely and active when lights come on but then hides and sleeps the rest of day till I grab him. He was a piggy dragon then the past couple weeks completely stop eating. Brumation heard know because weight loss. Should keep weight on during this brumation. I got fecal done recently clear all I couldn't afford and awaiting on vet check him out. Care credit wouldn't work for me just need funds for check up. Injury maybe he got out twice while at work. He will still run and he shows no sign of injury even when I hold him. Just scabbles to get away.

raptor1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Anyone who has new Exoterra tanks. Make sure you have gate closed with thing locked. I forget twice he got out twice. Stupid lock thing he push doors out all the way. That the type tank he get out of. Layed on floor in front of female tank. Then second some how got on top of that tank. Only injury was adrasives on bottle front paws ankle would say area. He was leaning on fixture dome with 100 watt bulb on. Don't be in hurry when being a dragon slave that is what you call it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom