What the ???!!! (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Okay honestly guys Ive found a video on youtube which kinda shocked me

(the video is apparently considered a shock video so I removed the youtube link. Its basically a video about a breeder who feeds scorpions and anoles to his beardies,which are btw all housed in tanks without any decor, not even hides or basking platforms. But its probably "too expensive" well then dont keep so many beardies. Im sorry but imo thats what we call "Massenhaltung" in german. Way too many animals, with the only purpose of breeding and making money and they only get thinks they necessarily need to survive.No extras such as a hide or basking platform etc.

Its a breeder who feeds anole and scorpios to his beardies? What the?! ?! Okay heard of mice (even though I would NEVER EVER feed mice) but this goes a little too far?!
Especially the scorpio could have majorly injured the poor beardies.

The Beardies do look quite healthy but I def disagree with feeding scorpios/anole and do not like the way theyre housed.
I think that guy just has too many ...
I know its a breeder,but still.

Now some are gonna say thats what they would eat in the wilderness but come on people there are so many good feeders out there you really dont have to do that & im sure your beardie wont benefit from this stupid cr***

zandi202

BD.org Addict
As much as I hate to say this, anoles are considered feeders which is why you can find them so cheap at pet stores. Personally, I would never feed my two anything other than the approved worms and crickets and dubia. I guess you could feed them a scorpion so long as it is small and the stinger is removed.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Omg really?? The petstore here sell thems as pets and i think they actuallly cost around 30-40 bucks.

I still think the scorpion could have been harmful. Even if you remove the stinger he could have hurt the beardies eyes or mouth and its probably not easy to digest either.

I just dont get it why people feed things like that?!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I wouldn't risk the scorpion because it probably has a high chance of causing impaction. The pet stores I got to sell the anoles for $7-8. My friend had one as a pet and I could never imagine feeding it to another lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom