What do you use to incubate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
What do you use to incubate and what are your results? Any modifications to a standard?

I know some of the more common ones would be the hova bator, reptibator, exo terra incubator, homemade, exc. I'm just curious as to what everyone's using.....and what your experiences are with them.

Ive used a few, I veered away from the hova bator and tried the exo-terra incubator I love the cooling option and it was fairly roomy compared to some of the others in its cost class but had some issues with temp differences. I could get it steady but internal to external was way of, as much as 10 degrees. I had to set it at 90-95 degress to keep it at around 84-85 constant.

Trading in here now for a reptibator, just because its bought locally and have a clutch still on hand and more coming. it has the proportional thermostat built in but other then that not sure will post back once I make the change.

Ive tended to use a makeshift incubator but and going larger here with the addition of a few more breeders. My current project is finding a new commercial fridge or large wine cooler to convert into a larger incubator ,haven't been happy with anything Ive had purchased so far and for the money and limited options of some of the higher ones felt I could get what i wanted building one, less out of pocket aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom