What can cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
So I just moved to Colorado and the only thing I have to keep my apartment cool is a swamp cooler, which increases humidity like crazy. Humidity is standing around 60%!
All my other reptiles and arachnids are enjoying this, however, Tiberius is not.

I noticed my beardie has a droopy/swollen eye the other day. Nothing has changed about her diet. [collard greens and some endive, spaghetti squash, every day. I use beautiful dragons nutrition guide] She gets proper UVB and heat, proper supplements, plenty of insects [dubia roaches], I don't give her a bath too often though. Her poop is SUPER loose and smells horrible.
Could it be the humidity is making her sick? Could she have a parasite that previous fecal tests missed?
The only thing that is keeping me from taking her to the vet is that the move has pretty much drained my bank account and it's going to take a little while to get me back up on my feet. I want to get her an exam and a fecal test but that's going to run around $100 and that's what I just don't have. I honestly have more food for my animals than for myself in my kitchen right now. I'm also having to look after a friends iguana and that's stretching my account to the limit.

Dehumidifiers are very expensive, but I'm also thinking of getting a regular air conditioner for my reptile room so it's not as humid. Although those are rather expensive too.

tumblr_n9fpv7fwwW1ryge0ro1_1280.jpg

I've also been meaning to adopt her out for quite some time. To be honest, if you live in the grand junction area and can take care of her, she's all yours. I would rather her go to someone else who can provide immediate care than have her wait a month for me to get the money needed.
I cannot give away her cage however, since my dad paid for it and would have a fit if I sold it or gave it away. You can have her uvb, heat, and cage accessories though.
But you MUST show me you know how to take care of her. I am not going to give her to someone who has never had an adult bearded dragon before.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry about your beardie's situation. I'm not sure what would cause her runny stools, it may be stress from the move so give it some time. I can tell you that unpasteurized honey [ like from a health food store ] can be applied directly to an eye infection....I've done it with 2 of my beardies over the years and they healed quickly. It's a natural antimicrobial, and heals things quickly. And yes, it can be put directly in the eye....just thin it with a tiny amount of warm water + apply gently with a Q-tip.

I hope she starts to do better soon !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can't tell you if it's an infection....it's possibly that or some type of irritation. Honey can help either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom