Weird breathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
So, Baron had a really scary day last yesterday, here's most of the details on this topic: http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=191957

However, he's gotten over him not moving/lifting his head and not eating. But he's still doing a weird breathing thing? I've got a video here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asADD4RvR78&feature=youtu.be

Ignore my ramblings heh.

I fed him butternut squash, collard greens and a 2 1/2" long Horn** worm with herpvite and a bit of calcium blended up in a food processor tonight. I decided to make my own form of 'baby' food for him so I know what's in it etc. That and it's cheaper.
He didn't eat much but he did eat.

It doesn't seem to be affecting his activity levels or anything, he's more squirrley today then I've seen him yet. Normally he'll sit in my hands nice, but today he wanted nothing to do with being held and bounced around. But I do want to know if it's 'normal' or if I should bring him to a herp vet on Friday. And when I sit away from him, he seems to be breathing normally. No puffing beard or mouth opening.

There is also no sound when he does the breathing thing
**:Edit

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Do not feed your dragon mealworms. What do you feed him?? You should be letting him eat as many,,cricket,,,dusted in calcium powder 1 feeding a day. Then the other feeding leave off the calcium powder. When is the last time he went poop?
As far as the breathing funny...that is worrisome looking. You need to get a CHE (ceramic heat emmiter) if you dont have one already and keep his temps up to 80 degrees at night for a few nights and see if there is any improvement, if not you should take him to a vet.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Shoot I meant Horn Worm not Meal Worm! Though if there was a 2 and a half inch long Mealie I would freak. Sorry, my bad.

He doesn't eat crickets lately. I tried for the first week feeding him Crix and he wouldn't have any of it(I ended up freezing over half and giving them to my hedgie). Hence the horn worm/squash/collard green puree twice a day. I'm making another puree tomorrow without the vitamins, and another without the powders entirely. He's only taking hand feeding right now.

He went poop this morning but because he hasn't been eating much of anything aside from some horn worm guts and baby food it was a bit loose which I know isn't normal. He had a really good one last night, formed and quite a large one for his little size.

Edit: My house is also normally very warm. I try to keep it high seventies low eighties because I own a hedgehog. Generally any lower and they can go into false hibernation and can die.

I also made an addition to the op-he only seems to be doing it like that semi-regularly. Like he isn't doing it right now, so I'm wondering if it's a stressor.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Ha ha...yeah..that would be a heck of a mealworm!! Have you tried dubia nymphs? Or phoenix worms?? I would still keep the night time temps in his viv to around 80...if they already are that warm all the time...then that could be bad too. They need the nightime cool down...unless you are trying to boost their immune system.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm in Canada, Dubai are illegal here. I'm waiting to order Reptiworms until later this month when I can go down to the states and pick them up down there, up here's it's 8.50-9.95 for 100, plus 15-30+ for shipping. It's insane.

He's always on his basking rock during the day, and once his lights are out we open the sliding door to our patio to cool it off a little. Now that summer is approaching I'm not -as- worried about Arya going into false hibernation, the biggest risk is in the Winter. But very rarely does it drop below 70-75 in my apartment unless my heat goes out(I also like it very warm :lol: ).

I'm getting him small silks on friday, if he likes those I'll keep ordering them in from a local pet store until I can get my reptiworms.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm in British Columbia, specifically Vancouver Lower Mainland. I'm about 30 minutes from the border so I can get down to Seattle and back easy if I can get a ride down with a friend with shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom