want to use MVB but don't want to cook my baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavice

ok so i've been having really bad luck with flourescent fixtures and bulbs all together. i've been looking into MVB's and i really want to get one, but when i first got my beardie i was monitoring the basking temps and i was using a 75w ZooMed repti basking spot lamp about 15" from his basking spot, which is a flat rock, it got up to 130F, i quickly took the bulb back and got a 50w and it's now at a steady 103F. i notice that most of the MVB's only come at the lowest of 100w .... please help, what can i do???

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
What size enclosure are you using? If a 75w bulb was cooking it, there may be some issues with your enclosure that need to be addressed.

xavice

Original Poster
it's a 36"L x 20"H x 25.5"D, friend built it when he used to breed, he gave it to me since he no longer breeds and it was just taking up room.

xavice

Original Poster
oh yeah, the lights are mounted with in the cage at the top of it.
what is the reason for having a dome around the MVB?

Talia

I use an Externally Ballasted MegaRay, it's great. Produces a little heat, but not anywhere near the amount of the Self Ballasted! I have the 60watt EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom