Viv cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
So I am just wondering if anyone covers their viv with cloth.. Not the top but the sides. Skyy is in my bedroom and I constantly wake her up when i come home from work and i feel bad lol. The backside has styrofoam rock wall and the 2 sides have desert theme painted on cardboard. I was thinking of putting some velco on and getting a solid colored peice of cloth to throw on the front so when i come home the light doesnt wake her up. I also watch tv and that probably wakes her up as well.

Would this stress her out to much from me putting it up and taking it down constantly?

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
I cover my big guy's viv after he's already asleep, and I don't think he even notices! :lol:
I know you meant covering it before you leave though, for later. You could try it out for a day and see how Skyy does? (Or walk through the place in the dark when you get home and put up the cloth before you turn lights on, if that's an option hehe) :)

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I work nights and now that its winter its pretty dark outside when i leave.. but her lights dont turn off till 6:30 7pm. I could put it on when i get home in the dark lol. Thanks for the response :) Will try something out,

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Instead of trying to put up the covering each night then take it back down in the morning, how about using a wash cloth or hand towel and cover HER up?

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
I renew my tenancy contract soon and im moving to a new bedroom that is on the front of the house where there are street lights - Hige hates light keeping him awake and gets very dark/beards. At the moment i live in the attic and spend most of my nights downstairs so he's fine but when i move i plan to make him some little curtains for the front window of his viv. I'm gonna get some of those hook-and-eye style cords you hang net curtains on and fit some solid material onto it if you see what i mean. :)

tumblr_mb2rugRNie1qdzuh1o1_1280.jpg

If its any louder at the front though im going to find some thick material from a charity shop - like an old curtain - and use it to cover the top, front and sides to insulate the noise a little more.

vampy

Juvie Member
I made a quick curtain for my viv from an ugly old curtain I had lying around. It's held up with a cable for net curtains, and I sewed a couple of bits of velcro to the top so i can keep it rolled up in place rather than risk taking it off and then having to drag it out from under a cat when i need it!

curtaindown by vampyyy, on Flickr

curtainup by vampyyy, on Flickr

I put it up and down as it suits me...if I'm napping during the day I'll put it down so the light doesn't disturb me, and at night I put it down when their lights go off (or before if I'm going to be out) so they can sleep properly. It doesn't seem to bother them having it down, they certainly don't act stressed out or anything when I move it.

It is a little translucent though, as you can see in the pics. I'm plotting making one for my new viv (which should be aired out and ready to use this week, woo!) out of either leather or a double thickness of black velvet with blackout lining in the middle, as the single thickness of curtain fabric with a blackout lining doesn't shut out all their light from me, so i imagine it doesn't stop all my light from getting to them either.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
nice nice.. Skyy has seemed to grown a liking to actaully sleeping ON her styro rock wall so covering her would be difficult. I have done this in the past though with a wash cloth. I think i will make a front cover. Her lights wake me up in the morning too so will benefit me also :p I usually put just a towel over the half shes in and that helps and she hasnt gotten black beareded or anything so thinking a cloth will be fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom