UVB lighting

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How can you change the bulbs out and how do you know what bulb will fir
The bulbs pull out and for a 24" fixture they take a 22" - for a 36" fixture they take a 34" bulb - your tank is 36" long you dont want the same length UVB - the dragon needs to be able to get out of the UVB w/ out having to hide from it - he needs to be able to sit in his tank w/ out having to sit under it all the time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So go for a 39w for a 36” enclosure. Sorry I’m just really confused. Yes it’s says a T5 10.0.
No I would go for a 24" fixture you dont want the 36" fixture that would be the whole tank - you need to have the dragon be able to sit in his tank w/ out having to hide from the UVB- I use a 24" fixture in my 120 gallon tank - are you getting the Repti Zoo fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I’m going with the repti zoo fixture. It’s a combo kit. I’m going to try this first.
Combo kit? Is that the bulb I am assuming- those bulbs are not of good quality - I would switch the bulb out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or the Arcadia 12% 24 watt

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
Combo kit? Is that the bulb I am assuming- those bulbs are not of good quality - I would switch the bulb out to the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or the Arcadia 12% 24 watt
Ok yes thats what it says. also have another question but I don’t know if I have to start another post. I have tried putting fake foliage into his tank but he keeps trying to eat it. I have fresh veggies in his tank at all times but if I put foliage into the tank, for example a vine. He eats it and I don’t know why. As soon as I see him do it i take it out. I have tried a few times but I gave up. I didn’t let him eat them of course I put he would try to bite them. I just don’t want him to get sick. Do I keep trying or should I just not put anything like that into his enclosure? I thought it would make his terrarium look nice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok yes thats what it says. also have another question but I don’t know if I have to start another post. I have tried putting fake foliage into his tank but he keeps trying to eat it. I have fresh veggies in his tank at all times but if I put foliage into the tank, for example a vine. He eats it and I don’t know why. As soon as I see him do it i take it out. I have tried a few times but I gave up. I didn’t let him eat them of course I put he would try to bite them. I just don’t want him to get sick. Do I keep trying or should I just not put anything like that into his enclosure? I thought it would make his terrarium look nice.
There are plants you can put in his tank look at this website scroll to the bottom of the page it can tell you what to put in there
Nutrition Content

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom