UVB Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
I really need to get things straight with my lighting. I realize now that my current bulb isnt giving enough UV for my beardie :( I currently have reptiGlo 2.0 which like i said isnt enough UV and i heard is bad for their eyes.. SO unfortunately i need to spend money on getting a new reptisun 10 and its hood which costs alot..
UGHH! D:
Ive found a good hood 18" for 27 dollars compared to 50 at petsmart. However the bulb still costs 50 dollars and need to know if theres anywhere else that sells cheaper cuz i really dont have the money atm. Plllleeease help!
I will order it from a website or ill go buy it just as long as its cheaper D:

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
Well, I know a mom n pop place near me sells the 18 inch ReptiSun 10.0 for like, 30 bucks, so I know for a fact you can find a better price than 50... as for the hood... I'm sure you could find one for more like 15 rather than the 27 you paid, if it were me I'd check online and find one for cheaper, then return it.

As for the ReptiSun 10.0, I'm sure there are websites that sell it pretty cheap, and I know I've seen one on eBay for like, $10. I'd check that, and I'm sure there are other posts on the forums that tell you where you can find it for significantly less than 50 as well.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ive not yet bought the hood for 27 i just saw one. also i need to know a store or website that sells one or both for cheaper than 50 usd

jeschardies

Hatchling Member
Don't by the expensive hoods! Why purchase a $27 hood for a light when you can get a blacklight fixture for under $20 at home depot, lowes or walmart? All you need with these are some 3M hooks with the plastic backing and metal hook to mount it on a wall or some wire to hang it from a screen top. This is cost efficient and allows you the opportunity to mount it inside the enclosure where the screen won't effect the amount of UVB your beardie gets AND allows you to easily get within the 6-8 inches of your basking beardie........

Better price and not so bulky! I've found that almost everything you need can be found at either of these three places. If you purchase reptile specific accessories from reptile stores or sites, you are going to pay top dollar......shop smart, your beardie doesn't care where you got it or what it looks like.

Good luck!

Reapix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the only thing is i went online to those 3 and couldnt find ANYTHING like that D: i think maybe i have to go into the store and ask but how do i know what size? if i buy reptisun 10 at petsmart say its 18" do i buy 18" hood or 20" hood cuz i heard 18 fits into a 20 UGH :angry5:

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
petmountain.com has the cheapest pet supplies. i stronglly suggest it. my reptisun 10.0 36in. is on its way from dere as we speak.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
petmountain has best price for Reptisun tho i still need a cheap hood thing and i cant one anywhere ive looked on line at lowes home depot and walmart none have one do i need to go into the store and ask or what

jeschardies

Hatchling Member
I had to go into the stores to get them. At Walmart, I have found them in the lighting aisle, at Lowes and Home Depot, you can find them in the under cabinet lighting aisle.
Problem is, I'm not sure they will have the 36". I know I got my (2) 18" fixtures with a blacklight bulb at Lowes and Home Depot. I took off the plastic cover and replaced the bulb with a non-UVB bulb because I'm just using it for light (MVB - on other side of enclosure). Look for I know Walmart had 24" fixtures for like $13 or so. I wish I had noticed these first....
I went with the blacklight fixture though to get the black fixture, all others were white. These fixtures have a cord and an on/off switch (always on as I use timers). I would try Walmart first and use Home Depot or Lowes as a second resort because one of the Walmarts I went to didn't have the 24", so I'm wondering if they carry different selections. I didn't find them online either, try going in....
I highly recommend shopping on Petmountain.com for the bulb if you cannot find the ReptiSUN 10 in a small shop near you. I don't believe that Petsmart or Petco carry them.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
petco and petsmart carry them just extremely over priced (50 bucks) just for the reptisun bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom