UVB Flickering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
I just got a new Reptisun 10.0 from Petco because it was on sale.
I plug it in and it works just fine.

However, after about 15 minutes it "flickers". Not on and off, but almost a strobe effect?
My other tubes have not done this. Does this mean it is bad?

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Make sure it sits in the fixture properly. When you turn it it has to make a click sound and then you know its all the way in

How obvious is the strobe and does it dissipate over longer periods of time?
Alternating current has this effect on some fluros. Haven't looked in why but it could be the ballast or tube.Get aanother tube of it keeps doing it get a new ballast or light fitting. Cheers

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
yea i agree-
i guess you have to rule out that you got a bum bulb, but i would suspect the ballast too.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Sometimes when mine is first turns on in the morning it kind of flickers is I guess what you would call it. As long as it stops I would think it would be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom