UV t8 fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukii

Juvie Member
We went and bought 2 Zilla UV tube fixtures for $40 each at Petsmart. I was pretty angry at how expensive they were. And those were only 18''! :bleick: So, we decided to go to Menards. Of course, there were what we wanted; 24'' and 36'' fixtures. $10 each! :shock: :blob5: I believe the brand is called American Fluorescent. And they were half as bulky! Sure, they need to be wired to a plug, but for that price, I have no problem with it. WAY better than getting a bulky, hard to mount, extremely overpriced fixture. Glad I finally found a solution for my UV bulbs. I just ordered my Reptisun 10s. Can't wait :D

Rukii

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Very true. Especially when you're jobless and have 4 beardies, a gecko, 2 turtles, and a bunch of furry critters to take care of! :shock: Every dollar counts in my house. Luckily the fiance has a job. :p

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Yeah, I would say, My wife and I both work and it is hard to keep up with 4 beardies, 1 uromastyx and 4 cats.

Rukii":8qis8ssj said:
So, we decided to go to Menards. Of course, there were what we wanted; 24'' and 36'' fixtures. $10 each! :shock: :blob5: I believe the brand is called American Fluorescent.

Hmm I think I read the post wrong, is the American Florescent stuff fixtures or do they sell UV lighting? Or do I have to buy the UV lighting separately.

Rukii

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yup. American Fluorescent Co or whatever it was only sells the fixtures. You gotta buy the tubes elsewhere. www.petmountain.com is where I, and many others, find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom