URI AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
So this isnt urgent as I still have some baytril left over and seems to be helping buy I have a few questions. Would injection of baytril be more effective? Dont really want to so I was thinking of a nebulizer. Would any of them do? Im not rich so are there any good ones for reptiles under the 50$ mark? This is Skyy's second time of having a URI... No water dish and the humidty has always been 40 or below, 2 days it was actually like 65 and I was not home to turn the a/c on to bring it down. I am just wanting to know if a nebulizer would be more effective then both oral and injections so i can prepare for if she has a URI again in the future with winter coming up humity will hopefully stay down.

And if a nebulizer is the best what medicine is the best to use that is safe for reptiles.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
There is a lady on here that has had to deal with uri in her dragon, I know she used a nebulizer,,,her name is Spikesagirll..I think. Try to pm her and ask her about it.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Will do thanks! I dont mind giving her anythign orally since i just inject it into her Dubia but dont want her to be sick for so long while taking the medicine

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
You bet! I think her thread was in the er section, battling pneumonia since Jan...her dragons name is Dino...she has and still is going through alot with poor Dino...

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I can tell you I have 2 rescue dragons who both had severe respiratory infection when I got them, from the guy who first had them and kept them in a damp basement! It took months to get rid of it. They don't have the cilia in their lungs like we do to raise secretions and debris so it takes a very long time for them to recover. Mine were on several rounds of antibiotic over a 4-5 month period. It may not be a " 2nd time" having the URI, it was probably never gone, just a bit better from the antibiotics, enough so the symptoms were lessened. I don't know the answer to the injection vs oral. Mine were given initial dose injections at office visit then oral for home. I'd contact Tracie...Drache613 is her user name, she's one of the experts here and has experience with nebs and will be able to offer advice. If you don't already, I'd give a probiotic to help restore some of the good intestinal bacteria the antibiotic will/has killed off. It will make him feel a bit better, help stop or reduce loose stools and help keep yeast in check. Don't give the antibiotic and probiotic together, give them at least 4 hours apart. Extra hydration is needed!
Amanda

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I actaully just ordered some probiotic stuff but wont be here till maybe thursday. All her symptoms did disapear but maybe it was never gone, never know.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Thanks a bunch to everyone I talked to, you guys helped a bunch. I bought some F10 and Nebulizer should be here friday. If not I will just continue with the Baytril until that gets here. The first 4 days of Baytril I did a strong dose now im on normal doses. This has helped rid of it pretty much all together, Symptom wise anyways. Her mouth is still open a bit but only on the 6th day of baytril.

ANYWAYSSSSS Thanks again and Skyy thanks you too :)

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Day 6 of nebulizing F10. Still a big thanks to those that helped me and helped me get in touch with those more familiar with this product. Skyy hasn't wheezed or coughed since starting nebulizing. As of 2-3 days ago she has yet to open her mouth :) So thank you all! :) Dunno what I would do without this forum. Well i do... I would be paying hundred to a vet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom