Update on Beaux. New beardie, Chloe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just wanted to give you guys an update on my girl Beaux. She is about 10 months now, about 13 inches long. Still sweet as can be and doing good, although she gave me a huge scare. About a few months ago, she wasn't eating, shedding, growing, and a list of other problems. I brought her to my local vet to get her looked at and had a fecal test done. In the test, the vet said Beaux had a high amount of Coccida and gave me Albon to give her daily by mouth. After about a couple months of giving her the medicine, she still was improving. Also, about halfway of this time, I decided to start force feeding her, because she hadn't ate in a while. Well, last week made about 2-3 months since the problems started and still no sign of improvement. So I called my vet again and he said we could do a blood test on her to see if it is anything with her organs. Also told me to stop giving her the Albon. Well, the blood test results came in Friday and he said everything was good, nothing came out. He also talked to a reptile expert at LSU, where the test was done, and they said it is most likely brumation causing all the problems. So the vet told me to feed her earthworms once a week and give her a bathe 2-3 times a week. So I am doing just that, I am just so glad that she is okay. I am really happy she is fine.

On another note, I wanted to share Beaux's new little friend. Her name is Chloe and she is a little cutie. She is around 8 inches long, and looks to be around several months old. I just got her yesterday from TrickySleeves. He received to rescue beardies and decided to keep the male. I went and picked her up yesterday, so she is still very skiddish. Nothing a little time and love won't fix. I just can't wait until she gets settled in and used to me so I can play with her and so she can meet Beaux. But let me stop rambling on, time for some pictures.

Up first, some latest pics of Beaux.

Beaux's first Christmas.

DSC06498.jpg

DSC06482.jpg

DSC06488.jpg

DSC06496.jpg

DSC06504.jpg

DSC06501.jpg

IMG039.jpg

IMG040.jpg

IMG052.jpg

And now for Chloe.

On the way home.
394851_2695776907700_1054893709_32515636_1082786021_n-1.jpg

IMG032.jpg

First time in her viv.

397851_2696347441963_1054893709_32515844_149272114_n-1.jpg

Lol found her like this.

IMG049.jpg

IMG041.jpg

IMG047.jpg

Thanks guys. Tell me what you guys think!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom