unshed tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mittens

Hey guys! I got my beardie over the holidays, shes about 5 months old. She shed about a week or two ago for the first time (that i've had her) but it seems her tail didn't?

Her body is a nice, bright dry color, and where her tail begins it gets a milky... greyish cloudy color. Basically her body looks shed, just not her tail. Is this normal? or a sign that she could be sick?

My beardie, Phoenix does this every time she sheds. It just takes a while for the tail to shed itself since they're not moving it around much. This last time, there was about 4 weeks in between body-shedding and tail-shedding. The fact that the tail is gray is good, it means that the scales are almost ready to shed. Try giving your beardie daily baths to help loosen up the skin. Don't worry, you're not alone. You only need to worry if the tail starts to turn black, because that means the circulation is being cut off.

Heffie

my answer to a similar early this morning, hope it helps or give any insight toward your question.

Heffie":24pkhvff said:
I had the same problem, it was un-shed area, Gibbs lost about a half inch of tail... I did catch it pretty fast and gave him a warm bath, and was able to roll it off with my fore finger and thumb however the tip of his tail was black and dry under the un-shed part and had cut off blood supply to the tip. The tip dried up and i nipped it off... it was dead and didn't bother him in the least bit. I inspect him often now as it seem he is always in some state of shed at the moment as he is growing bigger ever day... it seems..

Mittens

Original Poster
D: that worries me a bit

The last inch or so of her tail is darker, but not at all black or anything

is this like, a skin build up or something? :O

Heffie

I didn't wanna scare ya, just what happened to me.... ummmm... us (Gibbies and I), lol... the warm baths are key to this shed problem, that's all I'm saying. :D

Mittens

Original Poster
Okay :)

I try to bathe her regularly, but she always just poops and ruins the party. :( HAHAH

Maybe i'll try to catch her after a poo. :p
Thanks!

Heffie

Misting is good also, I hold Gibbs in my hand, mist him then place him in his basking area... he really seem to like it. He will bask dry then proceed to claw off un-shed areas like a dog scratching fleas. I try to keep an eye on areas like toes and tail, they seem to be the biggest problems for him with un-shed skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom