Unhappy Beardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
The savannah was gasping for breath and sort of mildly convulsing with each breath. Not the best description, but you probably get the idea. Put her in the bathtub with only the smallest bit of water. Just enough that there were dry places in the tub. By the time we dumped the tank, scrubbed it out and emptied her supplies to the back porch, she was fine. You would never know anything happened.

I know the yunguns here can't imagine this, but we were very young and in the early 90's, the internet was very new. Websites like this didn't exist. So, we were at the mercy of the cruddy pet store we got her from. That afternoon we went to the vet. Pandora got a checkup and we got reptile care education. And I can tell you even education from a vet wasn't as good as what I get here just reading every day.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
NeosMom":1ithc62s said:
The savannah was gasping for breath and sort of mildly convulsing with each breath. Not the best description, but you probably get the idea. Put her in the bathtub with only the smallest bit of water. Just enough that there were dry places in the tub. By the time we dumped the tank, scrubbed it out and emptied her supplies to the back porch, she was fine. You would never know anything happened.

I know the yunguns here can't imagine this, but we were very young and in the early 90's, the internet was very new. Websites like this didn't exist. So, we were at the mercy of the cruddy pet store we got her from. That afternoon we went to the vet. Pandora got a checkup and we got reptile care education. And I can tell you even education from a vet wasn't as good as what I get here just reading every day.

For sure that's respiratory distress. Put me in a horse stall and have me start mucking out any hay or straw and the same thing happens to me. :shock:

I can't imagine owning bearded dragons and NOT being on this website. This place has the most real and pertinent information we can find. Do any search on Google to try and get answers about bearded dragons and links to parts of the discussion forums are at the top for me. I am always laughing because I already searched HERE :lol: I am just looking elsewhere...but there really isn't much credible 'elsewhere' to search. :shock:

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I agree wholeheartedly! Beardrddragon.org is absolutely the greatest! Looking back now, I can not believe I tried to raise a Savannah monitor on the sliver of information I was able to get. Honestly, it makes me very sad knowing how much I got wrong back then. But now I look at my two beautiful babies and this site and it makes me feel so confident and happy. I know if something goes wrong, all of you are just a post away.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
NeosMom":3cnjep20 said:
I agree wholeheartedly! Beardrddragon.org is absolutely the greatest! Looking back now, I can not believe I tried to raise a Savannah monitor on the sliver of information I was able to get. Honestly, it makes me very sad knowing how much I got wrong back then. But now I look at my two beautiful babies and this site and it makes me feel so confident and happy. I know if something goes wrong, all of you are just a post away.

Yes my family has the poor green iguana pet from the 1990's that wound up with metabolic bone disease and died. :( Back then there WAS the internet but it wasn't the same as it is now that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom