Undigested phoenix worms in poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
We've had our dragon, Clovis, for a little over a week. He's 13 inches long and has been getting kale, collards, squash (loves his spaghetti squash, good boy), carrots, and extra-small phoenix worms. The extra-smalls are tiny; my pinky nail trimmings are longer than them. We originally got them for our baby who passed away. Twice now I have noticed what looks like undigested phoenix worms in Clovis's poop. His poop is solid, he's been going every day, and it only smells when you mess around with it (which I'm assuming is a universal poop thing). He had a fecal the week before we got him at the vet who helped us with our baby, and the fecal was clean. Is it possible that the phoenix worms are so tiny that they are passing right through him? Could he have parasites? Could I be extremely paranoid? (The answer to the last question is yes. ;) )

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
What are the temps and how are you measuring them? If they are to cold the beardie may not be properly digesting the food.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We measure with a temp gun. Cool side is around 80, and warm side is between 105 and 115+, depending on where I aim the gun. He does spend all of his viv time on the warm side, but yesterday he was gaping, so I thought the temps were okay. :? We have a heat bulb (like for bathrooms) but his stick was getting up to 130+ with that, so I thought it might burn him. He currently has a 75 watt plant bulb.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He's also pooped twice this morning and the first poop was particularly runny. Sigh. Could cool temps be causing that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom