two new things

Status
Not open for further replies.
well two new things happened today first by girl Sakura finally let me give her a bath without any trouble (she normally spends the whole time trying to get out of the water) but today she actually layed around and played in the water :)
Then afterwards she decided to finally climb on top of the new basking spot i made for her which made me happy cause i spent forever getting it ready
100_0253.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0326.jpg

100_0325.jpg

battlenation

Hatchling Member
Thats good probably was a bit cold from the bath and wanted to get warm and dry off lol. great photos btw and nice looking dragon too. looks like hes gaining mass very well bodied.

7niteshades

Original Poster
lol thank you :) i spent awhile trying to find ones that layed sturdy together i wanted to build her up something she could climb on and that would get her a little closer to her uvb

battlenation

Hatchling Member
7niteshades":1l3m892l said:
lol thank you :) i spent awhile trying to find ones that layed sturdy together i wanted to build her up something she could climb on and that would get her a little closer to her uvb
very well done and was always a worry on my end with making 100% sure 100% that the two branches can't fall or even smash my blazey lady. I actually never knew whats best with inches away from her the uvb tube. usually 8-10 inches with how close she gets. I just hope she quits trying to bite when i hand feed her.

7niteshades

Original Poster
thats what i was worried about with the rocks i spent forever stacking different rocks till i found the ones i thought was the best they put her about 9 inches from her tube :)
Sakura never tries to bite me when i'm hand feeding her crickets but if i try to hand feed her vegetables or or certain fruit its like she is trying to take my finger off while eating lol

battlenation

Hatchling Member
7niteshades":1z1stf54 said:
thats what i was worried about with the rocks i spent forever stacking different rocks till i found the ones i thought was the best they put her about 9 inches from her tube :)
Sakura never tries to bite me when i'm hand feeding her crickets but if i try to hand feed her vegetables or or certain fruit its like she is trying to take my finger off while eating lol
exactly I really have to put them in the bowl or drop them in the tank. teeth don't scare me but i just don't want a aggressive dragon. I was going to use a neat log but never get close to any of the lighting. So i just had to get in there and figure out safety way lol.

7niteshades

Original Poster
i normally put it in a bowl but i put bits and pieces here and there for her to look for along with wax worms i'll put them under a little stuffed bear that she likes to sleep on and she'll throw it or drag it around to get to them
i was thinking of putting wood in her cage but not real sure how to go about it

battlenation

Hatchling Member
Is Hector your other dragon cute kiddo. Wood is great for them even for basking. heres a tip figure where you wanted to place the wood. Then you have a idea on how long and width and should fit great.

7niteshades

Original Poster
:) thanks :D looking at it like that will help a lot :)
yeah i got him last sunday in person he's the color of a peach

battlenation

Hatchling Member
7niteshades":2qvtxn9p said:
:) thanks :D looking at it like that will help a lot :)
yeah i got him last sunday in person he's the color of a peach
Your welcome :) It should hopefully i was stuck with wood i had. baked it and figured out setup. Nice color will be a bright dragon when he gets older. I always liked the super trans and silkys they are awesome. My female blaze is a silky and gos by her name with the blaze flame design and colors lol. Shes got a bad attitude lately for being a baby. Thought she get better by now. depressing me lately as well.

7niteshades

Original Poster
i wouldn't mind a leather back or a german giani met this one person in pet smart that had the same problem with their baby becoming bitey once it started to get a little size to him and so was my girl which is one of the reasons i got her when i was at the breeders house i was holding her and everytime i would look at another baby she would bite me lol it was like she wasn't giving me a choice which i didn't mind i was planning on getting her anyway and since then she has been wonderful at least until last sunday when i got my new male she seems to be pouting so i covered his cage in paper but back to the topic the person i met i got to drop theres off at a pet shop i work part time at and i changed up his diet a little and he seems to calm down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom