Trying to rescue a beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Came across this ad in CL today. I rarely see BD's in my surrounding area, much less one right in the town where I work.
http://asheville.craigslist.org/pet/933108525.html

They claim he is "very healthy" but you can tell, especially by that first pic, that he is somewhat malnourished and most definitely dehydrated. I'm just going to assume that his UVB/heat/diet/supplements have not been up to par, either. I shot them an email, and told them I would take him off their hands to nurse him back to health, but would not pay a $75 fee, considering the costs it would take to give him the initial care he needs. I told them I would be willing to give them $30 to help re-coup some of their costs of caring for him, but to please consider what is best for the dragon. Haven't heard from them yet (and might not, although I was very friendly in explaining why I thought he wasn't healthy and blamed that fact on the pet store who likely gave this family bad information when they got the dragon). I'm hoping after they have him listed for several days or several weeks and realize that no one will pay $75 for a scrawny looking dragon, they will "see the light" and contact me. I hope they do..it just "feels" right for me to take this one....know what I mean? I'm sure a lot of you have had THAT feeling before!

Anyway, wish me luck! :)

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wellllll, I did hear from this guy. His story is that he adopted the beardie from CL himself, and that the pics are from when he first got him. He as since applied the proper care and now has a healthy beardie well worth $75. :roll: I can only hope this is true.

I told him if it got to a point where he couldn't re-home him (esp. at that price), to let me know. That I wasn't looking to "buy" a beardie but I do have a good home to give to one in need. I also advised him to take some more recent pics so people on CL will know they're getting a healthy dragon and not a sick, scrawny one.

Oh well...more worms (and attention!) for Amber! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom