Treats For Your Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Ok so.. I was thinking today about how Scarlett probably gets tired of the day to day worms and salad.. Kinda like we would if we were forced to eat turkey sandwiches everyday.. Pretty boring.. So I was wondering if anyone has any special treats that they fix that are safe and edible for their beardies? Not just the occasional horn worm or butter worm but like a concoction of some sort..lol

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Wave loves a very occasional scrambled egg (well... bits of it; she's never gotten a whole one). No butter/spray used to make it, of course. I plan to give her another one on her "monthday" (i.e., when she turns five months old). She goes nuts for an egg. :D I made up an eggs, veggies, and fruit mixture to celebrate having had her for a month - egg with peppers, dandelion greens, strawberries, and blueberries.

Edit: Actually, looking back at that thread, I see you posted in it, so I guess you already know this one! :lol:

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Wave is an inspiration to all... :wink:

Good idea for a thread - I hope others have better ideas. I could use some, too. :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I have heard of bits of shredded chicken/turkey too. I will have to try giving Sarth some egg this weekend, I never thought of that!

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
@jamie do u put it in Wave's viv and just leave it? See Scarlett eats @ her own pace and just b/c I throw some food in there doesn't mean she comes charging after it..lol Sometimes she may not eat until noon..

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
I didn't the one time I gave her quite a bit - I wanted to watch. :lol: But I don't think it would be a problem to leave it in there for a few hours... Cooked egg should be okay (certainly on the cool side) for awhile. :) Wave is such a little pig, if food appears, she runs to start eating it, usually immediately (except silkworms). :lol: There have been a few days when I've given her a bite or two of egg, usually as I'm leaving in the morning, but she's polished it off before I'm out the door.

Found this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_eat_boiled_eggs_left_out_overnight

So, for the "better safe than sorry" side of things, 4-6 hours seems like a good guideline to follow.

(Now I have a craving for hardboiled eggs!)

Gail

BD.org Addict
I had a dragon who loved raisins, I would only give her 2-3 a couple times a months.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Jamiedog":27k2k0hh said:
I didn't the one time I gave her quite a bit - I wanted to watch. :lol: But I don't think it would be a problem to leave it in there for a few hours... Cooked egg should be okay (certainly on the cool side) for awhile. :) Wave is such a little pig, if food appears, she runs to start eating it, usually immediately (except silkworms). :lol: There have been a few days when I've given her a bite or two of egg, usually as I'm leaving in the morning, but she's polished it off before I'm out the door.

Found this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_eat_boiled_eggs_left_out_overnight

So, for the "better safe than sorry" side of things, 4-6 hours seems like a good guideline to follow.

(Now I have a craving for hardboiled eggs!)

So do u boil your eggs?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Gail":3oq7y1lw said:
I had a dragon who loved raisins, I would only give her 2-3 a couple times a months.
Scarlett like blueberries but She hasn't really taken to strawberries yet.. I'll mix up a few in her salad about once a week.. She's gotten lazy though and her appetite has changed quite a bit.. She def prefers her greens more.. I almost have to tong feed her worms or she won't bother with them.. But thats the only way she gets her calcium b/c she won't eat her salad if we put it on there

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Slave2Scarlett":3ojwrm4f said:
Gail":3ojwrm4f said:
Scarlett like blueberries but She hasn't really taken to strawberries yet.. I'll mix up a few in her salad about once a week.. She's gotten lazy though and her appetite has changed quite a bit.. She def prefers her greens more.. I almost have to tong feed her worms or she won't bother with them.. But thats the only way she gets her calcium b/c she won't eat her salad if we put it on there
That sounds familiar :roll: Hopefully she doesn't put you through what Sarth and other member's dragons have put us through! Weirdly enough Sarth really only likes things like berries and fruits when they are hand fed, and then maybe only 1 or 2 bites. If I put them in his salad bowl he will eat AROUND them and pick the greens out.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Slave2Scarlett":9u61tgwx said:
So do u boil your eggs?

Scrambled, but would assume the same rules follow... Scrambled is easier to deal with. Doesn't require as much cutting and chopping up to be beardie-sized. :lol:

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
@JenFid I can't belive Sarth eats around the good stuff! Yoshi used to eat around the salad and ONLY eat the good stuff. LOL

I've discovered Yoshi LOVES grapes. He also likes carrots, so for a treat every once in a while (or when the roommates happened to have gotten some), I give him carrot slivers or small grape chunks in his salad.

I know Jess said Dudley likes blueberries rolled to him cuz he thinks they're alive. :laughhard:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some of mine like scrambled eggs as well. I microwave for 50 seconds with no oil. Another thing they love is green leaf lawn clover from my yard. If your yard never gets fertilized or pesticide on it, there's a great treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom