TOO MUCH UVB??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
We have a bit of a problem in my home today. I purchased a Chinese Water dragon for my son and switched my bearded dragon into his new large viv. Problem is the new bulb was 24 inches not the 36 I needed. How long can he wait??? Also my UVB is a 10.0 and now I'm hearing that a 5.0 may be needed for the CWD?! :banghead: Can someone please tell me if this is correct because I assure you the pet store knew nothing of worth. I don't want any harm to come to either pet because I messed up. Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your dragon will be fine with the 24 inch bulb don't worry about it.

As for the CWD, I have no clue I have no experience with them..

-Brandon

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Brandon,
I guess I should have explained better the set up for the light is 36 so the 24in wont fit and I have to wait for the next shipment. How dangerous is this for them. The stores here only carry reptiglo, YUCK !!! I'm so mad at myself right now :banghead:
Thanks a bunch

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh I see now.

How long has your dragon been without UVB and how much longer will he be without?

-Brandon

dangit12

Juvie Member
you know he doesnt need heat from a UVB. He could get heat outside or heat from a object. i think theres a post here that says that when your powers down or something you can get a sock full of rice and microwave or something. im not positive though on it.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They have only been without today but the shipment should come by Friday. It this too long? Should I get a reptiglo to hold them over. It just scares me to buy a different bulb after hearing how bad some are.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No that is not long at all!

Don't sweat it.

And definitely don't waste money on a bulb that could harm your dragons.

-Brandon

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh thank goodness. I was sweating it alright. I love my babies
Thank you for such a quick response, now to relax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom