tips for getting ur dragon into a harness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made a harness for my Iki and tried to put in on him
first he refused to put his arms into the holes
after calming him and eventually have the harness on, as soon as i put him on the ground he jumps like crazy, bloats up, and refuses to move
kinda like a juvie bloats up in water when bathing (and yea he is a juvie

can anyone share some tips and experiences?

anc90

Hatchling Member
Logan has a hard time getting into his also,but its practice and a lot of getting used to! But when he gets put on the ground he runs around like a race horse!

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
make sure it is not too tight where it could be hurting him.

Mr Dargon used to wait until i had him almost completely in the harness before he would run a few inches and get out of it.
Eventually he associated wearing the harness with going outside, and now he sits completely still while i put it on him.

Tasty Treat acts like she's dying. -.-

i made sure my harness wasn't up against their necks, but she would open her mouth as 'gasp' for air when i put it on her. even if it is completely loose.
she just hates it. and she hates outside. she likes running around on the floor inside the apartment. but boy does she put up a fight with a harness!

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
Fafnir hated his harnesses that I made. But I came up with a cheap and inventive way for him to understand that harnesses = freedom. I tied two ouchless hair ties (the big ones) together and put his two front feet in the loops. The knot is in the front. I had a lace stopper and some spare shoelace. Hopefully he'll understand that the weird thing he is wearing is a good thing. He doesn't struggle with me anymore so it's a start. :)

Elliott hated his harness at first. This was until I discovered that the harness seemed to come up a little too high into his beard area, once I trimmed a little section to allow more room for his beard he stopped puffing up like a little balloon and I've had no issues with him and the harness since them. Perhaps your harness has the same issue and needs a little trim to make it more comfortable?

Could you post some pictures? Roxi always walked out of the one I made for her. I was following a design that is sold but in practice, it did not seem to work well. I know with Cera that it has to be foolproof. She is very strong and active. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom