Tile, Reptile Carpet or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all, Im new here and Im getting a beardie because Ive heard of what great pets they make!
I have a 135 gallon enclosure for my soon to be beardie, but Im a little stuck on substrate. Ive heard that reptile carpet is great, but hard to clean. I was going to go for the carpet, but after hearing that I started thinking tile. In your opinion, which is better, or is there something better out there?
Thanks!

I think tile is better then carpet but tile can get a little expensive if you ever need to replace it and I would think it would be hard to install. I use non-adhesive shelf liner. No risk of impaction, easy to clean and cheap and easy. You can wipe up any spills with a paper towel and every month or so you can take it out completely and give it a good scrub. You can buy a roll for like $4 and you just cut a piece the right size and plop it in the bottom. That's what I suggest but tile works well too.

apaprikao

Hatchling Member
Wow! You're lucky to have such a large tank! :)

I agree with the PP. I picked a non-adhesive shelf liner for my 75 gallon that I'm setting up for a Beardie. It looks nice and I've heard it's easy to clean. Plus it's super cheap. Can't get any better than that right?

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
I use vinyl for mine!! It came on a big roll at the carpet/flooring place and is easy to cut with scissors to fit the cage. I use it in all 5 enclosures, and it's easy to wipe up and disinfect. I also use a couple pieces of slate to keep their nails trimmed, but I can't put it under the basking light since it gets wayyyy too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom