Thunder storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LigerZero

I just found out today that my beardie Is terrified of thunder storms. How can I keep her calm. I'm afraid she might go into shock.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
+2!

And maybe do so out of her viv, if possible. Some of the problem may be the vibrations in the glass from the thunder. If you can take her out and either hold her or let her go somewhere else during the worst of it, she might feel better. :) (Don't you wish we could explain to animals that it won't hurt them? :( )

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Jamiedog":1mm75aj1 said:
+2!

And maybe do so out of her viv, if possible. Some of the problem may be the vibrations in the glass from the thunder. If you can take her out and either hold her or let her go somewhere else during the worst of it, she might feel better. :) (Don't you wish we could explain to animals that it won't hurt them? :( )

+3 lol I agree. Found out as well, poor little beardies. We took turns holding him all covered up...took a nap and slept through most of it :)

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
heck, I'm a 29 year old female and they still scare me sometimes. especially the super close strikes with thunder that sounds like a gunshot. it sounds cool, but geez.. sometimes that stuff makes me nearly jump out of my skin.

grendel9

Juvie Member
I'm glad your little one made it through with the snuggles. So far, Grendel doesn't seem to be perturbed by much of anything (earthquakes, thunderstorms, band practice in the next room ... ), but I do try to cuddle with her during and after any potentially traumatic event. That may have contributed to her mellow demeanor. 8)

It's so great how much the people on here care for their beardies. Love this place. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom