Thor's Thread 03-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know my little Thor is growing well. More then doubled in size since I got him ~2 months ago. I have him on a very varied diet. He has shown a flighty, aggressive attitude toward me in the past and the more I have been hand feeding him he has been coming around more and more. Progress! He is in a 40 gallon breeder enclosure, 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 (2/3 enclosure length) Has a piece of decor I got from a local pet shop, the piece was broken (which I fixed) so I got it for half price :wink: This decor allows him to get 6 inches from his UV source and ~6 inches from his primary basking light. His basking temperature is ~107-111°F. He is provided a daily salad which he does eat. Dusting per a preferred dusting schedule. Only RepCal supplements used. Has a low profile large diameter water dish. Reptile carpet substrate a hammock and a vine used to help get up his basking decor. The basking decor doubles for shade, UV cover. Thor is bathed 2 times a week.

Typical daily diet - ~50-70 1/4 crickets, 15-20 small silkworms, ~2-5 small butterworms, 1-4 small hornworms. He gets an occasional wax worm when I have them has had reptiworms in the past. Thor has yet to deny any feeder offered.

I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
EmilyRussom":1jqo3zuh said:
I met Thor in another thread. That thread had pictures, and possibly (I could be wrong) more pics.

Want pics.

Hi Thor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL it will be just a bit, I promise there will be picks this evening. :wink:

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
Ok, because it's not like I'm impatient or anything for the preciousness that is Thor - or for the reasons that are integral to his namesake or anything :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hmm dumb computer, when I push the numbers everything turn fine tell I push the 7 and then it like, gets rid of this tab and gives me a new tab (google Chrome)

° Oh yay I did it now nevermind. lol.

-Brandon

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I'm about to start stamping my feet, sticking out my lower lip, and totally pouting my heart out if we don't see pics soon Michael. If Dres and Thor similar, I want some photos :mrgreen:

--Maggie.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Here are the pictures I promised. Thor just measured at 12.5 inches, what is that? A gain of about .35inches in two days? Something close to that. He weighed 48-49grams, though I cannot vouch for the accuracy of my scale, I need to test it on things to be exact. Thor just finished a shed of his head and torso and is starting a new shed. He has started every shed with his tail, funny it caught up to his last shed. His tail went into pre-shed during the time his torso and head was still shedding.
His diner today was ~45 three week crickets, the last 4 small silkworms I had, 5 small hornworms and 4 smallish waxworms. (Waxworms are fed occasionally this was that occasion)
I gave him a bath and readied him for his public appearance. His colors really came out against my bed covers.
SAM_1889.jpg

SAM_1890.jpg

SAM_1891.jpg

Looking at the wall? LOL
SAM_1894.jpg

This shows his good tail base.
SAM_1893.jpg

Against green bedding
SAM_1897.jpg

SAM_1896.jpg

:mrgreen:

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
That's quite a fiery little man!

Thanks for putting up with our overwhelming desire for pictures :)

Thor is so very, very handsome!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
claudiusx":vtwrorfo said:
Oh man he looks so orange in that last picture!!!

-Brandon
Doesn't he, it just turned out this way, lol I wish I knew the angle or whatever it was so I could do it all the time. :wink:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
EmilyRussom":1b3yods8 said:
That's quite a fiery little man!

Thanks for putting up with our overwhelming desire for pictures :)

Thor is so very, very handsome!

We thank you so much, I put up with it without knowing lol I was at work. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know, every so often my camera gets just the perfect lighting to bring out the colors, then I will try it again and the picture will be horrible. I take soooo many pictures and I have to filter through so many of them to find good ones because they always come out different lol.

-Brandon

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
I look forward to it in the morning!

Us dragon lovers are demanding people. We demand new pictures of that which is the adorable dragon.

Sorry you were at work. That's late!

Check that - not AS late as I thought it'd be. You're in Utah, so it's cool. ;)

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Michael! It was so worth the wait!!! (just don't do that again :mrgreen: )

He is a charmer! Wonderful colors and a very happy looking beardie Thor is :D

~Sherri

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Woohoo! He looks great!! I love his colors. Dresden is in the middle of a head and body shed and I can't wait to see what his colors will be. I'm hoping he turns out more orange/yellow like his legs are starting to show.

What an eater! Thor certainly is living up to his name :) I'm impressed at his dinner. I am gonna post a couple pics tonight of the belly Dres is getting. I didnt think to see if his tail base is getting chunky so I will have to compare that.

--Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom