this isnt good i dont now what to do i have no money

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
she didnt eat anything yesterday....

i had a horned worm out for her but she didnt take it

today that same horned worm is in her dish which i keep putting infrom of her.....with 3 wax worms and 3 super worm she hasnt touched nothing except one horned worm a day for like a week.

yesterday i had her in the hot sun for 2 hours.....

i dont have the money for a uvb light because exo terra lights have drained me and i cant return them....

i spent about 130$ on LIGHTs so far and now they dont have any lights at ALL

well 2 heat lights each..

she was never a strong eater before she was pregnant but now she wont eat nothing

it raining so she will be in her tank all day......

i dont know what to do how can i feed her what should i feed her?

i am to the point of giving up now,,,.....its starting to take a toll on me..

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Please dont give up, I know it can be scarey.

Very often gravid females will refuse food before they lay. Dex wouldnt eat a bite for 2 weeks before she laid her eggs.

Are you 100% certain that she is gravid?
Was there a mating with your male (i believe his name is red) or are you suspecting infertiles?

What is her behaviour like at the moment?
Is she still? Is she restless? Is she digging?

Is she not under any UVB lighting at all at the moment?
Im afriad in preparation to lay two hours a day in the sun is not sufficient.
I understand your upset, but she is going to need UVB after she has laid.
Laying eggs drains all of a females resources, which need to be quickly topped up again or your female can suffer serious complications.

Get ready when she lays with worms, lots of calcium and protien right away. She should be hungry immediately after laying.

Remember dragons need a proper enviroment to have a healthy appetite. Her lack od UVB could be affecting this.
At the moment you can offer her a slurry mix.
Get your self some chicken + veg organic babyfood (i prefere chicken and squash) and mix it with calcium and vitamin powder. You can then pop it on her nose in the hope that she will lick it off, and you can keep her topped up like that untill she lays.

Holly

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
i am not understanding the lighting issue. what do you have currently? are they on? brands, types, etc...all that info would help greatly

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have 3 exo terra lights 2 COIL and 1 TUBE after trying my brand new exo terra coil on red he got sick and it was shut off then i bought a tube thinking to myslef i can spend this sort of cash if its going to be best for my dragons (by then i had 2)....so i put the 24 inch tube on red for 6 hrs then pink 6 hrs....this just dint sit well with me and once i relised it was an exo terra 10.0 i shut it off because they both werent acting right.

so both have no uvb....i am going to try and order one tonight and for get about the incubator for now.....

she mated with red on may 20th (100%)(not 100% she is gravid) they were doing anything in the cage so i put them on the floor and they got right to it.

she is restless.....dosnt move...but she is awake.....i bathed her eysterday and she pooped\

she hasnt been digging.....(just as iam writting she actually stood us and dumped her food dish but didnt eat)

i have lots of food for her to eat and iam willing to feed but she isnt eating .....

she dosnt have a lay box yet its under a light right now because the sand is wet ill move it into her tank soon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If I may I would like to make some comments.
How old are your dragons & how many do you have in 1 tank?
Breeding dragons is not cheap, & it takes a great deal of planning. Housing a male & a female together constantly is not recommended at all. Just from one mating, she can produce up to 3-6 clutches. If they are housed together continually, they could mate multiple times. This will become extremely stressful on both of them, not to mention the constant laying stress on the female.
Now, I realize you have had problems with the UVB lights, which is not your fault. Are you in the position to separate them at all?
That is the first thing you need to focus on, is separating them. Just set them up with a basking light in each tank, & get the temps to the optimal temperatures.
Next you can work on getting them UVB lighting. If your female is indeed gravid, she needs the UVB in order to absorb her calcium.
Since they mated on May 20th, she is not near laying at all right now. She is most likely stressed which is why she is not eating.
If your funds are not to where you can afford a UVB light for all of them then I highly suggest that you just freeze the eggs when she does lay them. The cost of the incubator as well as rearing the hatchlings will be quite high.

Tracie

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
there not together

i put them together for like an hour in the females tanke and they didnt mate

so i separated them

and because i wanted to see what happened if i put them on the floor in attemt to get them to mate and right away they did it.

paying for the babys isnt going to be a problem

but right now i cant afford a light....ill be probly put a light a credit tonight so it will be in the next couple days.....she is standing up right now and has been looking good today....but still not eating...she dumped he dish twice though.

incubator will be ordered next pay....witch is 1 week from today..

and no i will not be freezing eggs

Quetico

TheRedDragonAkaRed":a229f said:
paying for the babys isnt going to be a problem

but right now i cant afford a light...

How do you figure? These two sentences contradict one another.

I'm sorry, but from reading this thread, [rude comment removed by moderator]. For starters, it doesn't even sound like you have healthy animals, so why would you be trying to breed them?! You need to focus on providing an appropriate habit for the animals you already have, or you need to work on finding them new homes. And freezing the eggs, if your animal even gets that far, would be a really good idea since the hatchlings could also be very unhealthy. So save your incubator money, and get these two set up right.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
If you are living paycheck to paycheck, this may not be the best time for you to breed your dragons. It may seem like they would be instant cash, but they are not. By the time you have raised them for six weeks (youngest age they should be sold), you will be lucky to recover the money you have spent on them. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, so please don't take it as that. I literally lived paycheck to paycheck last summer; my bank let me know every day that I had less than $50. Not to mention the bulb for the dragon you already has needs to be priority. Just think about it okay?

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
THANKS for being an Inappropriate word removed
i dont care for you to EVER post on my threads again

i just ordered a light because i have no money now dosnt mean i wont have money in...hmm what is it...90 DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......

90 days from when she is due to have babys.....i will be 100% prepared

Inappropriate comments removed by Moderator.Please refrain from the use of inappropropriate language and keep in mind that this is a PG13 forum.If you have issues with a member then use the report function and allow the moderators to handle the situation.Thank you.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i wasnt talking to you...spurlee01 ......i really do thank you for your post THEY MATED ON MAY 20TH

i was talking to the ***** above you....

sorry for that post but i dont have time for people like that......

PS TO ALL......I AM BREEDING THESE......TRY AND STOP ME.....THEY WILL BE HEALTHY AS ARE BOTH MY DRAGONS ATM.......RETI SUN 10.0 IS ORDERED AS OF AN HOUR AGO.....

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pink is chillaxing in her lay box that i JUST put in like 20 mins ago and she seems fine.....besides not eating she WILL have a reti sun 10.0 on her with in days depending on shipping of lllretile....

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
How old is your female?Also what is her weight and length?If she continues to not eat you are going ot have to start syringe or spoon feeding her to keep her calcium and nutrient levels up.While it is not uncommon for femal beardies to go on hunger strike right before laying it shouldnt be for an extended period of time and if it is you must step in and help her.When did they actually mate?What are the temps in her tank?Do you have her laybox concealed so she has privacy?

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
temps are fine.....

concealed lay box???......its in her tank i put it in today and she jumped right in and got comfy....no digging

may 20 she mated.....the next day she eat llike 5 crickets 3 super worms a horned worm....(maybe more crickets)

then every day after all she would eat is 1 horned worm....except one day she eat 2 horned worms..

then today and yesterday she didnt eat anything (she was offered the last of the horned worms yesterday) and today it died so i through it out.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i cant be sure about her age......owner said one year and my male who i bough from a pet shop she said he was a year...and she is WAYYY bigger then him.....i dont know weight but she is a big girl full grown for sure.......my male is about a year and a half maybe closer to 2 years and my female i am guessing is 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom