This is sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Just came across this posting on my local Craigslist...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/pet/1672146426.html

I emailed a response to the ad to see how old this beardie is, and the girl said she is a year and a half!!! I told her I am very interested, and she said that someone is supposedly coming to get the beardie tomorrow, but if they don't show, she will call me :cry: If she calls me, i am going to get this poor baby...but I'm not paying her $200.00 for it. I haven't said anything about how skinny it is or anything yet, I want to get the beardie in my care first.
Will let you all know what happens.

Cindy

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Not only did they not take care of their beardie, but in the ad it says they will take 75 bucks for everything or a 200 re-homing fee. WTF? Who is gonna pay you 200 when you already said you would take 75?

remi1

Juvie Member
That is sad. Some people just don't get it and shouldn't be allowed to own pets. To quote Temple Grandin from her lecture this morning, "people are stupid." :banghead:
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get him/her!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Will let you all know if I hear from her. I am going to email her again in the morning and stay on her until I know what happens to that sweet baby.

Livey

Extreme Poster
aww poor thing, she obviously doest care about this poor thing accept getting rid of it and getting ALot of money for it....
These people should be aloud to have reptiles...
I hope you are still able to get it ...
please keep us updated..

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
The 2nd post really makes me think she knows that dragon is sickly cause she says "won't give away for FREE". Someones already been on her case about the obvious neglect.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just emailed her again to see if the beardie is available or has been picked up. I want this poor baby...she needs some TLC and some TURKS!!!!! I just want to hug that little girl and make her world be ok!!!

remi1

Juvie Member
Fingers are still crossed for you and her!!!

If you had an extra tank, you could just rescue her? Forget the crap about $200... :angry5:

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just got another email from the girl...the beardie was just bought by somebody. I hope whoever it was knows how to take care of them and will give that poor baby a good home :cry: I can't get her off my mind :cry: That poor sweet baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom