The Sand Box Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnochur

Hatchling Member
So my young beardie (Khal Drogo Hussein O'Gradaigh, about a year old) doesn't have a sand box. What I want to know is...

Is a sandbox very beneficial/recommended/necessary?

If so, what should be in it, since sand is bad news?

koco46

Actually I was wondering about the same thing.

I have tile but have thought about maybe adding a sand box when Phoenix is older since so many dragons seem to like to dig.

I was wondering if maybe paper pellets would be ok,the kind that people use as kitty litter,I actually use them in our guinea pigs' litter box.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I use alfalfa pellets for Dudley's dig box. :) Other people have used millet seed with good results too.

I don't think a small area of sand would hurt them though, if you wanted to try that. Make sure you wash the sand so that it isn't dusty, and keep an eye on them to make sure they don't eat it. And don't get calcium sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom