the brumating blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar has been basically brumating for over a month now. He did get up a few times, but now is sleeping, most likely, for the winter. Calypso is heading in that direction. sigh..
No beardies to play with for a few months now.

Are your dragons sleeping?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Not yet, but its taking gizmo that bit longer to wake up, and she is usually in bad, or making her way there at 4pm when i get home :( I hate her being so sleepy! I did get some licks yesterday before a bum wiggle then she napped on me. She went from haveing endless hours of fun running around the house to jst an hour of two activity before going to sleep.

This time last year thought she was alrady in her box fast asleep, so maybe the new house is keeping her up? I dont know!

I miss them when they go down!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Of course Calypso is making a liar out of me. She is sitting on her basking log watching me on the computer, LOL
Maybe she will be nice to me and stay awake this year.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Where have you been LJean??? I havent seen pics of Oscar and Calypso in too long!!! I guess Oscar is down for the winter then? Kazi went through a state of semi-brumation/depression over the summer so hopefully that will be it for the year, although we have been struggling for the past 6 weeks to get him on a regular eating/pooping schedule!! But hes getting there now... hes definitely suffering from Spring Fever, despite the weather!! hehe!!

Hope all is well!

T

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Sorry. I have been kind of busy since the summer. I've been checking the boards but not much posting. My daughter always takes over the computer for her Sims games. ugh

Oscar is sleeping now, yes. Calypso slept much of the day so I wasn't expecting to see her grumpy face. But there she is giving me the evil eye, LOL Last night in the bath, her beard was so orange that she looked like she ate a bunch of cheetos.

Poor Kazi, he can't help himself. Hopefully he will keep you amused though.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Well it doesnt help that Phoebe is a bit of a hmmm tramp!!! She was out the other day and paraded herself infront of him like a proper brazen hussy, turning away from him and pushing her back end up against the glass!!!! Im hoping she doesnt brumate - shes just over a resp infection and then laid 19 (fertile) eggs, and shes not even a year old yet so Im hoping she has the winter to build herself up!!! Fingers crossed I will have 2 beardies to keep me company over the winter!!! Kazi's summer depression was enough for this year!!! hehe!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Bad Phoebe! LOL
How did she do with the laying? I am scared to death for it to happen to Calypso. I hope she is good to me and doesn't bother with eggs.

MissT

BD.org Addict
She was fine... shes only 13 inches and 200g so I was worried about her!! Def a downside to buying a young female who has been housed with a male!! But it literally took her 15 mins from her first to her last egg and she went back to being a complete nutter right away so we didnt need to worry about her too much!! I was so unprepared for it, it was the last thing we expected but as she was on anti-biotics we had to freeze them!! But, if she lays another clutch, Im going to attempt to hatch them :S that could be fun!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I'm glad there weren't any problems with her.
I was going to ask Santa for a new digital camera for Christmas, because my old one takes crappy pics. But two weeks ago my washing machine died, so we had to get a new one. Guess (again) I will just have to wait. ;) I'll try to take some pics when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom