Temporarily Using Sand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried using tile for my new dragons, which everyone said was safest. However, I have been unable to cure these guys of their constant diarheaa. (I rescued them 3 weeks ago. Still haven't figured out the health issue.) This makes tile a disgusting mess which needs to be cleaned two to three times a day, not to mention it smears all over the dragons.

Reptile carpet is worse. It needs to be taken out, rinsed, dried, and it still stinks. And I still need to clean the glass underneath it.

Sand clumps, and is easily cleaned in a matter of seconds. So for the moment, I've chosen to use it.

Until I get the diarhea issue resolved, tile is simply not an option. Am I missing any viable subtrate options?

Erok000

Hatchling Member
Im no expert. I can see why the sand would seem more convenient. Just make sure to have a non-sandy place for feeding to avoid impaction. However I think paper towels or newspaper would be a better option. Or even buy some extra tiles to change as needed while cleaning the others? Im just trying to help ya.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Beardies lick everything!! Sounds weird by my guy tastes everything in his viv. You have diarrhea now your next problem will be impaction :/. So one problem to the next. Best bet will be paper towels,throw them away when they get dirty. I recently changed over to slate tile and will never looks back. I use baby wipes for spot cleaning and it works wonderful!

halffrozen

Hatchling Member
like anc90* said, My guy as well licks everything! He is a very tasteful kind of little dude.

I am sure his sand intake will not be as much as if he were EATING on the sand... so I am sure it won't cause too much of a problem... but they do like to lick everything.

What are you feeding your beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom