temp gun...hova bator......DIGGING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
ok i stoped posting on this site because i was getting a lot of crap ie (people calling me serious names and disrespecting me bad)....but that aside.

my female is digging and due TODAY....

i have a temp gun.....do i take temp of the glass on top or how do i do it?
should i put the themometer that came with the hovabator in the tank??..

i have bedding ready for the egg...and also her lay bed is vermalite or w/e its called.
super excited first time doing this anything else i should know through your tips...

ps last time i asked for tips all i got was you better sell you dragons

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad time here!! Maby I can help you out a bit. The first thing you should go and get is a multi probe with the temperature and humidity all in one!! I put the probe on top of the containers! The one that came in the kit is junk!!! They can be off as much as 10 degrees!! You need to have the vermiculite damp! So wet it so that when you ball it into your hand it sticks together! Kinda like dough.You don't want it to be dripping wet! Use clear sandwich containers or thin rubber maid containers in there! Put a thumb print about half way into it! When the eggs hatch make sure that there is red blood veins and they stay up! Put the eggs about half way into it! Cover the containers and sit back and wait! And of course you can look through the window and watch the eggs for change! Temps 82-84 degrees! Humidity at about 80%. This was just a quick help guide, if you have any more questions just ask or email me!! Good luck and I hope this helps!!! Also if you use the temp gun you should lift the lid and take a shot on the containers or the vermiculite! But try avoiding lifting the lid as much as possible!!! I also put water in the bottom of the container for some more humidity! But it all depends on where you live!!!

Lance

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok...so my temp gun is worthless with the incubator......i just got my order in for 150$......so i am not looking to spend more money......is there anyway my temp gun will work???.....and she has layed any eggs and dosnt reaally look gravid.....she fells full but hasnt eatin in about week....she did dig most of the day and she is due today.....but now she is sleeping on my lap because i found her hiding in her tank and looked like she needed love.....hmmm.....next time i am at the pet shop ill have a look for the themometer.

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
I personally believe in redundancy. Most of the thermometers out there have very poor accuracy and precision. I use the ZooMed digital thermometers with the probe. In addition, I put a thermometer/hygrometer into all of my incubators. If you are short on time, go by your local cigar shop. They should have good ones and they arent that expensive. Usually around $30 or so. Otherwise order online. That way you have two sources for your temp readings. Keep your RH at 75% and up and your temps around 83. Good to go.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Do you want to take temps of your dragon's basking area? or where her eggs are going? I don't have a temp gun (would like one tho) but I think you should point the temp gun where you want to take your temps at. For example, if you want to know the temps where your dragon is basking, point the gun right at her back and push the button that takes the temps there.

Lori

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok she is laying as i type 20 or so...so far!!!.....some look pretty rough should i through some out??or just put them in to try??......i think ill just try.....i sprayed the bedding (i cant think of the name right now) and put them in the container i havent removed the eggs because she is stilll laying...i am hoping the hovabator doess the work because i dont have a humidity thing or a good themometer (besides my temp gun).
i dont even know what iam asking to excited just remmebre iam new to bearded dragon breeding

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom