swapping my heat bulb for a sun glo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3RB

ok so in my tank i have a reptisun 10 and and heatglo infared heat lamp (75w) (made my exo terra)
people have said dont use a red light with dragons and they thrive in bright light, so today i bought a sunglo daylight spot basking bulb (75w) (also from ex terra)
will i be ok to replace my heat glo buld with the sun glo bulb? with it be safe to use it with my reptisun 10?
and help is great thanks

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
yep it sure will be. Just be sure to monitor your temps closely for the next few days. It is hard to say what one bulb will do as compared to another so you may need to adjust the position of the light or the basking area.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
H3RB,just for future reference you can also use a regular household bulb for heat,just be sure it's a bright white bulb instead of soft white. They are much cheaper than a heat bulb.You may have to play around with different watt bulbs to get the correct temps though.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
sara24354":111f4 said:
H3RB,just for future reference you can also use a regular household bulb for heat,just be sure it's a bright white bulb instead of soft white. They are much cheaper than a heat bulb.You may have to play around with different watt bulbs to get the correct temps though.

I always get indoor/outdoor flood lights from HD and use them for my beardies and monitor. I actually get away with 45w bulbs as well.

It's cheaper than the reptile bulbs, and they seem to last a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom