surprise eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.

Our two beardies that we wrongly believed were both males surprised us with a clutch of 17 eggs.

We had separated our beardies but apparently not soon enough. We were fortunate that we recognized the signs and provided momma a lay bin however she laid the eggs through the night and the eggs ended up getting buried in the soil. They seem fine aside from slight colouration issues on some.

Incubator all set but as we have never done this before wondering if I could get some more specific info on what good fertile eggs look/feel like

ZekeandBagwell

Original Poster
That is a great thread and I have read it thoroughly. One thing it doesn't mention is at what point the eggs come out of the incubator?

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
The eggs won't come out of the incubator until the dragons have hatched.

Good fertile eggs will be firm and white. Often, if an egg is yellow it's what we call a 'slug'... which is infertile. If you've got some you're unsure of I'd suggest keeping them apart from the others (to prevent rot/mold spreading if it occurs) and only toss them if they start to smell, as some could still be viable.

Congrats by the way, hope you're prepared for the bubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom