Supplement questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiblood

If I buy phoenix worms (aka. soldier fly maggots) their calcium supply is supposedly 24x that of a single cricket,
anywise the question is, if I use a repti-sun w/ phoenix worms, is it really necessary to still add calcium supplement, or would adding it just be going overboard on the calcium intake?

Note to those interested: My Pogona Zeus gets on average an hours worth of sun every day.

Also, I can't find any local shops that sell any other insects than red worms/night crawlers and crickets, besides the pheonix worm website where can I go to buy insects online? and how viable are insects bought online? do they arrive dried up and dead? etc.

I think my Pogona has a bias against eating crickets, as he seems to eat like a pig when I put anything else in his cage,
even if he hasn't eaten all day he still won't go after the little crickets (they're smaller than the space between his eyes) he just looks at them, then looks at me like "hummm... crickets again?!?!"

spyder79

Extreme Poster
how old is he?

I would still use a calcium supplement every other day because calcium is extremely important for growth and im not sold on being able to replace calcium supplementation with phoenix worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom