superworm problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

angiethegreat

Hatchling Member
So I just started feeding Gibson superworms. What a hassle this has turned out to be, and so in light of this, I am positive I am doing something wrong. :banghead: She is getting constipated.... and I don't know why... I have been looking on here and I have been giving her apple sauce and a dab of olive oil to loosen things up, and when I do that she poops. But there are heads of the supers in her poop and sometimes little pieces of them too.....

she is 6 months old (about) and is 19" tip to tip ( I haven't weighted her yet)

her temps are great (102-110F on the hot and 90-70F on the cool side)

my tank is huge, with newspaper lining

crix (about 30 at a time once a day) and supers (3 -5 once a day) PW's (10 a day) and greens everyday

calicum 5x vits 2x

baths every 2 to 3 days

Any advice would be great! :D thanks Angie

fez09

Extreme Poster
Well, some beardies just don't digest them well. Have you tried smaller supers? How many are you offering at one time? I would keep giving applesauce to help move things along but maybe only give a few a day until she is digesting better. If that doesn't happen, try some silkworms or butterworms instead. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom