spring fever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Is anyone's beardies acting psychotic? lol Sammy sure is, wants to run all over the place. Normally when she behaves like this she's gravid but she just laid eggs like a month ago. I guess it could be spring fever.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Even though she laid eggs a month ago, she could be getting ready to lay a 2nd clutch so would be a good idea to get a laying box ready.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Seriously? lol I don't even mate her, why would she become gravid again so fast?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can actually lay 4 clutches of infertile eggs at a time, then take a break and start all over again. My female laid 3 at about 3 to 4 wks apart.

AO111

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow! Does it happen more often when they get older or something? She was laying two clutches a year, once in the spring then in the fall. She's not eating right now so ya I guess she could be gravid again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom